Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 24th January
    Pal Injectomatic Deluxe - Schick Proline B #3 - Wilkinson Sword Stick- Jayaruh 289 - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

GAW9576, palmolive fox, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos230124.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    SlimGem Silvertip Badger
    Gillette Techmatic
    Techmatic Band
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Tabac Shaving Soap lathered well with the SlimGem Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Techmatic and the Techmatic Band Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, palmolive fox, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, January 24th 2023

Razor : Micromatic OC, buttonless- Mfg 1930-1932 >button variant 41, mid to upper mid range, well designed and built to last and even with some abuse over the last 90 years. One of favorite Gem razors when blade is up in # of uses + used with a RIGS shim. Enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Ogallala Bayrum sage & Cedarwood, nice Bayrum soap(slight clove) + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi " mountain lake" 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Nice ergonomic handle with a excellent knot.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave :Witch hazel beard area cleanse, then Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem MMOC with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

GAW9576, MPF9, palmolive fox and 4 others like this.
  4. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Wednesday 01.25.23
    RAZOR: Shield Titanium AC Razor
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: Elite Razor Ivory over Pastel Swirl 24mm Boar
    LATHER: Ethos Mélange d’agrumes Shave Soap

GAW9576, palmolive fox, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 24th January

Stirling Syn 26mm
    P & B Spitfire
    RR Hawk V3 - A plate
    Kai CT Mild Pink [ 2 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

My first recorded Shave for a few days, my last one has lasted quite well with less regrowth than usual. Quite enjoyed todays Shave , using up the last of The Spitfire soap which had been left languishing on a shelf prior to disposal.

IMG_0334.jpeg

6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230125.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    SlimGem Silvertip Badger
    Gillette Techmatic
    Techmatic Band Blade
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap lathered well with the SlimGem Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Techmatic and the Techmatic Band Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, GAW9576, Electrif and 4 others like this.
  7. Electrif

Thursday 26th January
    Pal Injectomatic Deluxe - Schick Proline B #4 - Speick - Yaqi Ever Helpful - Cien X Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, MPF9, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230126.JPG
    Thursday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap
    SlimGem Silvertip Badger
    Gillette Techmatic
    Techmatic Band Blade
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap lathered well with the SlimGem Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Techmatic and the Techmatic Band Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 27th January

Omega 11126 boar
    Hampshire Wool Fat soap
    RR Hawk V1
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 7 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion
    This little Razor performs above its price level, and delivers a great Shave. Today on an aging blade 3 days growth cleared with ease.

A700D4E2-9A14-4941-B376-A87F23B79CFD.jpeg

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230127.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    SlimGem Silvertip Badger
    Gillette Techmatic
    Techmatic Band Blade
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap lathered well with the SlimGem Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Techmatic and the Techmatic Band Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, MPF9, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, January 27th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm Yaqi Milano handle- Mfg 2021>, tame mid range, simple clamping design, small head parts, I like to use this razor because it gives great shaves consistently + pairs great with the Schick proline p30 blades.
    Blade : Schick proline p30- sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier, nice scented soap(Aramis?)[​IMG] with excellent lather qualities. One of my favorite soaps, Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations of S.A to bring on their line of soaps & fragrances.
    Brush : Yaqi "Bali" 24mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice bloom to this silvertip with a shorter handle that is great to hold and look at.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : witch hazel soap cleanse on beard area + Yaqi Musketeer rapier + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless)
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]Excellent shave with my SE Yaqi Excalibur 50 mm with a Schick proline blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

12. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

28th January 2023.

9.jpg

13. Electrif

Saturday 28th January
    Canadian Schick E3 - Canadian Schick SS #6 - Wickham 1912 Apricus - Zenith 506 - Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS - Wickham 1912 Apricus Balm
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, GAW9576, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230128.JPG
    Supply SE Saturday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    SlimGem Silvertip Badger
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap lathered well with the SlimGem Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injector and the Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Saturday, January 28th 2023

Razor : Ever-Ready Streamline, 2nd generation- Mfg 1949-53, upper mid range, well built and it is eye candy to myself, it was one of the high end Ever-Ready razors they built. excellent shave this morning.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Razorock Classic, nice cherry almond scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Sagrada Familia"22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent splay scrubber, great lather painter. Small handle might not be for large hands + great knot and one of my favorite badger brushes to use .
    Post shave : Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + slight irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave on my Ever-Ready streamline razor with a coated Gem blade. I toss the Gem blade after 10 uses regardless how well it is cutting because I averaged this blade years ago and this one needed to be tossed.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230129.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    SlimGem Silvertip Badger
    C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher
    Heljestrand Wedge
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap lathered well with the SlimGem Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the C.V. Heljestrand Lather Catcher and the Heljestrand Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

17. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I used this beautiful razor the other day before taking my beautiful wife out to dinner for our 22 year anniversary.

IMG_20230129_120137_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, January 29th, 2023

Razor : Stick Schick injector, L type theme series- Mfg 1973, mild range, well built and a joy to use, brings back my youth when I had some standard transmission vehicles, excellent shave this morning.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE (10) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely.
    Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea", very enjoyable unique addictive scent with excellent lather qualities. Very enjoyable soap.
    Brush : Yaqi "Ever-Helpful" 22 mm 2 band badger, Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber, great lather painter.
    This brush was designed with a short HD loft knot, it is directed at the folks who enjoy backbone when scrubbing the lather. It has soft tips with no scritch but does it work in this enjoyment for some who like to scrub + it will splay using the chin to initiate.
    Post shave : Razorock The Dead Sea with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Stick Schick injector with a Personna coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 29th January

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    MWF
    ER Streamline
    Gem S/S ( 2 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

As my face very dry I had a long pre wash with Heno de Pravia glycerine, and used trusty MWF as my soap. Was quite a comfortable Shave but as a precaution did not push for a close finish.

6E0DEE79-71C1-4968-AE01-B8017E821C26.jpeg

20. Electrif

Monday 30th January
    Canadian Schick E3 - Canadian Schick SS #7 - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Brut Attraction Totale AS - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 Balm
    [​IMG]