Any Pocket Knife Folks Here?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Redrock, Apr 8, 2016.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Will post some tomorrow when vacation starts.

swarden43 likes this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Just got back from Cabela's in Hamburg, PA. Picked up this Kershaw Scallion.
    I usually go more traditional, Case stockmans being my standard, but since I had the gift cards...
    1674942722414.jpg 1674942699652.jpg

3. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

GatorJoe, gorgo2, PLANofMAN and 3 others like this.
  4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

5. Troy M

PanChango likes this.
  6. Troy M

[​IMG]
    This little Buck Vantage is the main knife I carry now (despite my last post). Great Buck steel and it has a lock blade and pocket clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit, GatorJoe, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  7. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

My EDC used to be a Laguiole (top). But lately it started to annoy me that it didn't have a pocket clip so it slids to the bottom of my pocket.

So I exchanged it with a Haller which I got for a bargain since it was a demonstration model (centre). I did add a Kwik Thumb Stud. Works like a charm!

The EDC I use for small cutting jobs like opening boxes, cutting cords and eating dinner.

I use a ceramic sharpening rod to keep the edge keen.

For DIY chores and such I carry the Homey, some 'el cheapo' thingy (bottom)

20230131_182601_copy_1024x768.jpg

brit, GatorJoe, gorgo2 and 5 others like this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

An old Holub electricians knife is inbound. Hawkbill/screwdriver with delrin handles, just needs a little TLC.

9. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

Hey Steve, that's a nice lookin' Kershaw Scallion! Designed by Ken Onion, no doubt. It looks a lot like my "Leek" only without the safety. Who wants a safety on an assisted-opening knife? Anyone who's shoved a hand in their pocket only to realize there's a pocketknife in there that had inexplicably come open! My Leek is pretty beat up, because it's my daily carry, so I won't include a photo. I hold the Kershaws in high regard. Not the prettiest knives out there... not by a long shot... but they're mighty utilitarian and hold an edge really well.
    :)
    - Bax

10. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I feel nekkid without my pocket knife/knives, which is seldom. Here in Texas people give you funny looks if you don't have a knife within reach at any moment....not really, but it does depend on the group you're with at that moment, but that's anywhere.
    I also work for a school district, and never get any looks for it, but again, Texas. Plus I don't just bring them out all willy-nilly, if I need to use it I try to be discreet.
    All kinds of uses such as opening boxes, cutting zip ties off of cable bundels, creating a hole in drywall or ceiling tile, etc (IT work, never know when a network cable needs to be moved, or an HDMI needs relocated, etc)
    There's also slicing fruit, cleaning fingernails, trimming loose string, cutting fishing line, prying something open (very carefully of course).....the list goes on and on.
    Hopefully will never have to use it for self-defense, but prepared to do so if necessary.
    Have a few Spydercos, Bucks, couple of Kershaws and Ontario KCs, too many Ganzo/Firebird knives and cheap Walmart brand Ozark Trails knives, great for throw-around, okay if it gets lost or falls out the boat type tools.
    In my current rotation is a Civivi Relic in burgundy, and a Ganzo Firebird F753M1. Probably gonna put the Ontario RAT 1 back in the lineup soon. Have a few other various knives, can't recall them all, oh a couple of Gerbers, plus the Gerber multitools with a blade. I would like a Benchmade or two, but I don't have any money trees at my disposal.

They are also on Amazon....unfortunately....I say that since I have acquired several of them over the past year haha. They are quite good for the price, and I don't feel too bad if I were to lose one

I do have that, and two of the field sharpeners, one in my work backpack, and one on my dresser that goes on trips, LOL

Frijolero and wristwatchb like this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Holub is here. Very well made and handsome after a good clean, polish, and sharpening. A bolster was loose so I'll post a pic when the JB Weld has set.

Frijolero and wristwatchb like this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Resize_20230309_075101_1880.jpg

I need to set up a bench grinder.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    Frijolero, Sara-s and wristwatchb like this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Looking forward to the “after” pics.

Frijolero and gorgo2 like this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Dear lady, that IS the after-pic, at least of all that I can do by hand. The whole thing was nearly black when it arrived but fine grit sandpaper and hand polishing only go so far.

Frijolero and Sara-s like this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Ok how about the "after-after" once they have met up with the bench grinder?

Frijolero and gorgo2 like this.
  16. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Bench grinder may not leave anything left! I'm thinking rotary tool, IE Dremel

Frijolero and Sara-s like this.
  17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Bench grinder with brass brush and buffing wheels. I am bad about creating Dremel hot spots.

Frijolero and sol92258 like this.
  18. swarden43

Mostly stockman by pattern, mostly Case by brand.
    1678394327591.jpg
    1678394307524.jpg
    1678394261830.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    Frijolero, GatorJoe, brit and 2 others like this.
  19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Is there a name for the pale solid yellow style?

Frijolero likes this.
  20. swarden43

@gorgo2
    1678455416484.jpg
    The 3 bladed knives are the stockman pattern. The brands are:
    Top middle - Bear & Son
    3 o'clock - Kissing Crane
    6 and 9 o'clock - both are Moore Maker

The single blades are sod busters
    Top - Case
    Bottom - Kissing Crane

Which one were you eye ballin' ?

Frijolero, GatorJoe, gorgo2 and 2 others like this.