SoS: February 2023

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Str8 Shaver, Feb 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, February 2nd 2023

Razor : Razorock 2nd generation Lupo.72- Mfg 2021>, mid range, well designed & machined to perfection with high QC in finish.
    One of my favorite DE razors of many and a joy to use.
    Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp (5) Sharp & smooth with great longevity.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent with excellent lather qualities. (discontinued)[​IMG]
    Brush : Yaqi "viper" 24mm bore bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis lavender + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs+ no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Perma-sharp blade.
    SOTD Feburary 2 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

2. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

The aroma and performance are very similar to Stirling's version IMHO.

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. ram57

Friday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.05
    Blade: Super Iridium (D5)
    Brush: M&F 26mm 2-band Blonde black
    Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
    Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
    Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
    Shave Soap: Spearhead Shaving/Seaforth! Black Watch
    Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
    Aftershave: Spearhead Shaving/Seaforth! Black Watch

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh OK....I'm sure that's nice for some, but it means there is a CLOVE smell in it. Yikes. I hope the bay scent blends in well enough to lighten the clove.

Ron R and ram57 like this.
  5. ram57

Clove doesn't bother me at all and I was commenting on the shave soap as I do not have Stirling BR aftershave to compare to Fines, but I was pif a bottle and it should arrive next Monday, but the AS scent lingers om me for around two hours but I have lifelong sinus issues so it may last longer on someone else.

Paul Turner likes this.
  6. Gian

Gian Well-Known Member

7. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Karve Brass SB G Wagner Handle
    Astra SP
    Proraso Sandalwood Shave Cream
    Maggard (blue) 2 Band
    Clubman Bay Rum
    Karve Brass Wagner hdl.jpg

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 3, 2023
    Feather AS-D2
    Feather Blade
    Mondial Boar
    Mithchell’s Wool Fat
    Small Batch Shave Tonic

[​IMG]

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos230203.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    ARKO Shaving Cream
    Tom's Brush B-3 Badger
    Brass TAR by Tom
    Nacet Stainless
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel

The ARKO Shaving Cream lathered well with Tom's Brush B-3 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Brass TAR by Tom and the Nacet Stainless Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

10. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It must be lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, ram57 and Paul Turner like this.
  11. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Friday morning:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Rapira day 3
    Brutalt Bra SS
    Aveeno Moisturizer
    Max Disinfecting AS Splash
    Versace Dreamer EdT

This morning I took a trip to Norway in my mind and enjoyed the Brutalt Bra soap - this stuff is one of the best products from that country - even better (to me) than any of the Fitjar soaps which are also Norwegian made. This soap has a very nice, mild lavender scent, it’s unreal how thick, rich, slick, and protective the lather is, and it gives excellent skincare. The Aveeno moisturizer is so good as a balm - it’s unscented and very soothing. The Max Disinfecting aftershave stings like a bugger for a second or two but then it feels great, and it smells so NICE but it doesn’t foul up the fragrance of the Versace Dreamer. All in all a cracking good three pass BBS shave that was lots of fun!

Enjoy your weekend and your shaves - be well and stay safe![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Lockback

Lockback Well-Known Member

Preshave: Hot shower
    Soap:
    Stirling Bay Rum
    Brush: Ever-Ready rebuild (synthetic)
    Blade: Astra SP
    Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89
    Post shave: Gillette Gel

Outstanding shave. Smooth, no drama. Nice and close. All the elements worked together beautifully.

[​IMG]

13. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Fatboy / Nacet blade
    Razorock / Mudder Focker
    RajonCajonBrushes / Maggards Synthetic [​IMG][​IMG] 20230122_192859.jpg

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Really nice shave this morning-again with the Bay Rums , and the Stoylin brush. 2 passes. Zero across the board on cuts, Knicks, polka-dots. Could have done a bit better down at Cactus Nation(neck). Maybe that's my February Focus-solve the Cactus!! Middle of the jawline needs work. Overll, Super Duper Outstanding.

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, February 03, 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur 50mm AC style + Milano polished 316 handle - Mfg 2021>, tame mid range, small head parts, simple clamping blade design. I get stellar shaves with this affordable razor 95%> of the time.
    Blade : Schick proline P30, 50mm- sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent with some of the best lather qualities of any soap I have used.
    Brush : Yaqi "Purple haze" 24mm synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Ach Brito Lavada with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick proline p30 blade.
    SOTD Feburary 3 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

16. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Fatboy Friday
    February 3, 2023
    Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Lather: Tabac
    Razor: Gillette 195 E3
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)

IMG_2280 (1).jpg

17. brit

brit in a box

awesome Paul.:cool:do you like the tabac?

awk-m4 likes this.
  18. BroRat

BroRat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Gillette Black Widow Adgustable / Nacet / Vintage 22mm Natural Boar brush / Noble Otter Barrbarr Shave Soap & AS

19. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Thank you Gary!

I really like Tabac! Both my wife and I really like the scent. the soap itself is super easy to lather (even with my deformed brush). Adding a little water as I go along makes for a really slick comfortable shave! I'm really glad I bought it while the original was still available!
    BTW your take on Tabac convinced me to make the purchase so thank you!!!

Paul D

Smooth Steve, jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

very cool.have had mine for a few years now,still near full.plus a back up jar.should last a while.;):eatdrink047:

Ron R and awk-m4 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.