Straight razor head shavers

Discussion in 'Head shaving' started by Bladerunner247, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Bladerunner247

Bladerunner247 New Member

Hey all! New to forum. Not new to wet shaving or straight razor shaving (approx. 2 years).
    I just recently started head shaving. (Losing the battle up there). Anyway , I was shaving with a straight razor as per usual but I figured, why change razors? So to the dome I went. I took my time and didn’t focus on bbs but was surprised at how well it went. No nicks. I’ve done it a couple of times now and did nick myself yesterday but, all in all, I Think I want to continue to , pardon the pun, “hone” this skill. Any other straight razor head shavers out there? Willing to share any tips/experiences?

2. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Bladerunner247. I have been exposing the beauty and glory of the solar panel for a few decades, but have not developed the nerve (or skills) to take a straight up there.

Herm2502 likes this.
  3. Bladerunner247

Bladerunner247 New Member

Thanks ! And thanks for the reply! I didn’t find it that difficult. But then, I am comfortable with them.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Welcome aboard!
    I'll keep my head o' hair for as long as I can, thank you. But I do enjoy my Saturday straight shaves.

ewk and Bladerunner247 like this.
  5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Hi. I have headshaved with a straight and a shavette. I do it maybe once a year. I takes a lot longer to do it because of the curves of the dome. It does keep my skills sharp. The pun was intended. I believe using a DE razor gives a faster and easier BBS result.

6. fcbayern20012013

fcbayern20012013 New Member

I’ve been shaving my head with a straight razor for several years( won’t go back to DE)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

My scalp hurts just thinking about it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

8. kamp

kamp Well-Known Member

i shave my head for 4 years now and my main razor is a Leaf razor but i have shaved my head with a straight for a few times , only on a Sunday when i got the extra time, it doesnt take much extra time i think 10 to 15 minutes more the grip and how to hold the razor around the ears but once you get going it all falls to place.

The only thing i will recommand is using a round point razor so the point wont dig in to your skin if the angle is a little off at the point.

And when i am done it is as smooth as with my Leaf so i think i will do more of it in the future for sure

WhyAreYouMe likes this.
  9. WhyAreYouMe

WhyAreYouMe Active Member

I've never considered doing this. I guess I could. There is the time, concentration factor, and eyesight issues. I suppose skin stretching won't come into it which is good since the other hand for me will be holding a mirror.

10. kamp

kamp Well-Known Member

This treath reminded me i hadn't used a straight ( for my head) in a long while,
    so this Sunday i used my 8/8 round point Kickuth, a very smooth dome was the result.

Think i will do this more often on a lazy Sunday

11. kamp

kamp Well-Known Member

no mirror needed i do it on feel just 1 pass (on the backside from down to the top thats all whats needed you will feel when you do it it will be instinctife

Good luck on trying (if your up to it)

WhyAreYouMe likes this.