Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos230303.JPG
    Friday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #436 2-band Badger
    Burham Safety Razor
    Feather FHS Blade
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Pinaud Clubman After Shave

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #436 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Burham Safety Razor and a Feather FHS Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Pinaud Clubman After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Friday, March 3rd 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE AC 50mm with a Yaqi polished Milano handle - Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range, simple clamping design, chrome finish is nice for my shaving needs. I get good results 95%> of the time, Small head parts so I like to assemble over a wash cloth. Also very nimble to wield while using. Excellent shave this morning.
    Blade : Schick proline p30- sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine Lavender scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Sagrada Familia" 22 mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Small handled brush but very enjoyable making lather and applying it I have experienced. Not a lather hog either.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick proline blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, GAW9576, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230304.JPG
    Saturday Straights' Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Gebr. Becker 5/8
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #436 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gebr. Becker 5/8 straight gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Pinaud Clubman After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Sunday 5th March
    Ever Ready Streamline - GEM Stainless Coated #4 - Alpha Outlaw - Wickham Gothic Revival - Blue Stratos AS - Wickham Gothic Revival Balm

[​IMG]

GAW9576, palmolive fox, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 4th March

Stirling Syn 26mm
    MWF
    Occams Enoch
    Schick Proline [ 5 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S lotion

A much better shave today as my skin was not so dry, and I was able to push on for a closer finish than I haven had over the last few Shaves.Quite good as we are off for a nice country pub lunch.

IMG_0052.jpeg

6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230305.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star LC
    Star Wedge
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #436 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher and a Star Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Pinaud Clubman After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, March 5th 2023

Razor : Schick Golden 500 injector model with the hydro- magic feature- Mfg1957-64, mild range, very attractive injector & possibly uni-sex with the total length of 5 3/8 inches. Well built with the hydro-magic feature makes for good cleaning after done shaving. Very enjoyable shave this morning going back in time. My birthday razor year falls in there also when Mfg(1959).
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector(5) Sharp and smooths out nicely, this razor has not been used for months and the blade is still working well, that is the nice thing about Personna blades they do not degrade quickly IMO.
    Soap : Razorock The Dead Sea croap- very enjoyable unique scent (hard to explain) with excellent lather qualities.[​IMG]
    Brush : Yaqi "mountain lake" 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, very nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Handle feels great in the hand and excellent brush in a lot aspects that make a great brush IMO.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Razorock "The Dead Sea"[​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Schick Golden 500 hydro- magic with a coated Personna blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230306.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Virgilio Valobra Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #220 2-band Badger
    Gillette U.S. Army Old Type
    Gillette Silver Blue SS Blade
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Osage Rub

This is the week I commemorate my service in the Vieatnam War (68-69). I landed in Vietnam March 8, 1968 and returned March 5, 1969. I am using my U.S. Army Gillette along with my Jayaruh #220 in the colors of the Vietnam Campaign Medal.

9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 6th March

The Grosvenor 404-mixed
    Monsavon au Lait
    Hiram Commander - 2dot
    Schick Proline [ 6 ]
    Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

A very pleasant Shave, this rather large Razor is so tactile and so agile. I have no problem using in the most difficult of areas and the Proline is a good partner for it.

IMG_0054.jpeg

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, March 6th 2023

Razor : Ever-Ready 1914(AKA= LLC)- Mfg 1914-17, excellent mid range, because of the design you get the best audio feedback from all my razors, it is a joy to use and the results are stellar with good technique. It is a razor to have if collecting ASR razors IMO.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest razor Blade to handle.
    Soap : La Toja stick- very light scent with excellent lather qualities. When this soap is dialed in it performs very well IMO + good post shave feel. I just slice a few slivers off with pocket knife and press into bowl and bowl lather that way, works well.
    Brush : Yaqi" lucky dice" 26mm brown whiskers mew fan knot(odd ball knot for this handle), excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, Gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Great handle for large handles IMO.
    Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Ever-Ready 1914 with a coated Gem blade.(It does not get much better for a shave for results!)
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

GAW9576, palmolive fox, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick E3 w/DIY Handle Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Rubberset #3 Boar (restored) Brush
    Victory Shaving Champaign Lady Soap w/M-Bomb
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Shulton Old Spice w/M-Bomb

Untitled.jpg

GAW9576, Ron R, palmolive fox and 3 others like this.
  12. Electrif

Tuesday 7th March
    Pal Injectomatic - Schick Swede #3 - Yaqi Robin - Wilkinson Sword Stick - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

GAW9576, Ron R, jimjo1031 and 2 others like this.
  13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 8th March

Omega 11126 boar
    Williams Mug soap
    RazoRock Hawk V3 - A plate
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 4 )
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Over the last few days the dryness of my facial skin has improved, so Shaving has improved. In fact today I was able to Shave without
    having to take it easy, and without any hassle was able to get an excellent close all round finish.

1EA1C7F9-A82D-4282-8849-3FC73E93F9C0.jpeg

GAW9576, Ron R, palmolive fox and 4 others like this.
  14. Electrif

Thursday 9th March
    General Brass - Proshave S #1 - Yaqi Moka Express - Haslinger Honig - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

GAW9576, MPF9, palmolive fox and 3 others like this.
  15. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Afternoon Shave Friday 03.10.23
    RAZOR: Boti Anodized Titanium AC Razor / Color : Meteor
    BLADE: Kai Captain Mild PINK
    BRUSH: Boti Enlightener 26mm 3-Band SHD Badger
    LATHER: OSP Dark Matter Shaving Soap

Herm2502, GoodShave, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.
  16. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

11th March 2023.

5.jpg

GoodShave, GAW9576, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  17. Electrif

Saturday 11th March
    Yaqi AC - Proshave S #2 - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Palmolive - Irisch Moos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

GoodShave, GAW9576, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 11th March

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
    Ach Brito Mogno
    RazoRock Hawk V3- OC plate
    Feather Proguard ( 5 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

I think that currently I prefer the A plate Hawk to this one.I should really put them into head to head equipped with the same blade.

193F9336-47DD-43DE-9944-3BA3DD681B6E.jpeg

GoodShave, GAW9576, Jayaruh and 3 others like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, March 12th 2023

Razor : Schick E2 injector, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930-'40's, mid range, well built and easy to clean. Very enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector (5) Very sharp, great longevity ,smooths out nicely + predictable .
    Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice vanilla & light tobacco sent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Moka Express" 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Razorock Santa Mari Del Fiore + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 tiny weeper=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a coated Personna blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos230312.JPG
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Art*Razor Pleasure of Art Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #220 2-band Badger
    Superior Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Aqua Velva Blue Ice AS

The Art*Razor Pleasure of Art Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #220 2-band Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Superior Lather Catcher and a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Aqua Velva Blue Ice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...