SoS: March 2023

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by awk-m4, Feb 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Thursday March 23, 2023
    Brush: Rudy Vey
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal
    Razor: Henson AL13 V1+++
    Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
    IMG_2765.jpg

jimjo1031, ChiefShaver, MPF9 and 12 others like this.
  2. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Razorock Mamba / Polsilver Super Iridium
    RajonCajonBrushes / Maggards Synthetic
    Stirling / Barber Shop
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

3. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Thursday Afternoon 03.23.23
    RAZOR: RazoRock SS Hawk V3 Standard
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: Spiffo! "Castillo" African Blackwood 24mm HMW SHD Fan
    LATHER: Grooming Dept. Ousia ll Shave Soap

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Thursday, March 23rd 2023, Day 2 testing the my new Sentinel 1.5mm razor.

Razor : Yaqi Sentinel 1.5mm polished 316 SS with a Yaqi "Chippendale" polished 316L SS Darwin looking handle- Mfg 2022>, mild range, interesting design that makes installing and removing reasonably easier IMO. Very attractive looking razor also when polished, I seem to buff slightly more with this razor.
    Tomorrow I will try a KAI blade extra wide blade to see where it makes it's mark for aggression and efficiency's. The blade can be felt sometimes when plunked down to heavily on the start of a stroke recklessly but never seems to rupture my skin barrier which is real good for half asleep shaving in morning drowsiness IMO, (Could be gap size that comes into play that creates a slight skin increase bump closer to blade when razor is plunked to heavily at start of stroke?. )
    The shave went well with no drama and was mostly a carefree shave using my regular routine for a excellent shave.
    Blade : Gillette silver blue (2) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier blade.
    Soap : Razorock XXX Fresco, nice clean XXX scent with a light menthol cooling boost with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "mysterious space" 24mm Timberwolf synthetic knot, Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock XXX Fresco splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my new Yaqi Sentinel 316 polished razor with a GSB blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

5. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

March 23rd
    Cooper MonoBilt w PermaSharp (3)
    Omega Evo / Burl&Resin
    Haslinger Schafmilch
    Thayers
    Shulton Old Spice
    7745F692-2FE1-4341-9872-DF2BDA8D0E6C.jpeg
    Have a great day all.

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 23, 2023
    Feather AS-D2
    Feather
    Mondial Boar
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Speick After Shave

[​IMG]

7. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

20230323_155113~2_copy_1024x786.jpg

Thursday Shave

Lather: Ariana and Evans Pedro Fiasco Shaving Cream Unscented
    Brush: @jtspartan
    Razor: Supply SE injector
    Blade: Supply black

First outing with the wonderful brush by @jtspartan . The handle has an excellent grip and the SynBad knot was soft on the face. I loved it! Great lather makes for an easy, comfortable shave.

8. brit

brit in a box

friday
    #58/platinum
    yaqi silver tip
    canada
    chiseled face natural

20230323_183250_edited.jpg

9. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Friday 03.24.23
    RAZOR: RAZOR: Boti Anodised Titanium AC Rzor: Meteor
    BLADE: Schick Proline
    BRUSH: Oumo 03 Venus Kaleidoscope 26mmSHD Badger
    LATHER: OSP Dark Matter Shaving Soap

10. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Friday 24th March

[​IMG]
    Simpson Milk Churn - Folk Soap - Generic 77 Barber Razor/Cloud - Brutal Classic AS

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 24, 2023
    Yates M Plate
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    Gillette 7 O’clock Black
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Speick After Shave

[​IMG]

12. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Friday March 24, 2023
    Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
    Razor: Henson Ti22 V2 +
    Blade: Feather (1)
    IMG_2776.jpg

13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos230324.JPG Friday's Cold Water Shaver

Cold Water Rinse
    Old Spice Original Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #437
    Gillette New Improved
    Gillette Silver Blue SS Blade
    CWS
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Pinaud Classic Vanilla AS

The Old Spice Original Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #437 Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette New Improved and a Gillette Silver Blue SS Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Pinaud Classic Vanilla AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

14. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Guerrilla SS 84
    Voskhod Teflon Blade
    Maggard 2 Band
    TOBS Grapefruit Shave Cream
    Old Spice Musk
    Gurrilla 84.jpg

15. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Friday morning’s Grand Freeze:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Rapira day 4
    Captain Nemo Absolute Zero SS
    Prep ASB
    Captain Nemo Absolute Zero AS Toner

Did this ever feel like heaven - when my dear friend Abir who owns Captain Nemo in Kolkata, India told me that this Absolute Zero soap and aftershave are both freezing cold he wasn’t joking. They’re so cold that they easily match any of the Stirling Glacial soaps and aftershaves. The soap is vegan based, it has a very nice, mild aquatic scent, it lathers beautifully, it has lots of slickness, the menthol sensation is off the charts, and the postshave feeling is so comfortable. The Prep delivered its own special cooling, moisturizing and soothing care, while the Absolute Zero aftershave gave me tons of extra freeze along with the same pleasant scent as the soap as well as lots of soothing. Three passes with the Junjie/Rapira combination cleaned me up fantastically - another brilliant BBS shave that I enjoyed immensely!

Wishing you all a great weekend - be well and stay safe![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yaqi Bohemian stainless steel razor.
    Astra SP blade (fresh).
    Yaqi two band badger brush.
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat soap.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.
    Irish Chestnut by Andy Hilfiger cologne.

Fat Friday shave!

This is the first run with the Yaqi Bohemian. Yaqi had a sale and I could not pass it up. It is a large razor and I posted a picture with it next to a Rockwell 6S for size comparison.

The Bohemian is inspired by the French Bohin safety razor which is the right hand razor in the last picture.

This razor came in the brown/gunmetal gray finish but I stripped mine back to the stainless steel and Scotch Brited it to a satin finish....for me it looks better.

So how does the beast shave? It does have a narrow angle but once you find it it does a great job. The base can be reversed for two levels but I shaved with the lesser setting this morning. I need to spend more time with it to get it dialed in but for the first time it was a great shave....three passes with no blood loss. It is a heavy razor but the handle has great grip and allows for good control.

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

17. Lockback

Lockback Well-Known Member

Preshave: Hot shower
    Soap/Shave cream: Palmolive Classic
    Brush: Ever-Ready rebuild
    Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
    Blade: Voskhod (3)
    Post shave: Gillette Gel

[​IMG]

18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Friday March 24th 2023, Day 3 of Testing my new Yaqi Sentinel razor with Kai SS extra wide blade.

Razor : Yaqi Sentinel 1.5mm gap, polished 316L SS with a Yaqi "Chippendale" polished 316 SS Darwin looking handle-
    Mfg 2022>, well built with excellent machining accuracy for standard blades and excellent finish QC for my shaving needs.
    I wanted to try one of my favorite DE blades with the Kai SS blade extra wide blade and discovered that the Kai SS blade have less width on the blade tabs area than a standard Gillette blade(I'm not sure why Kai did this on the blade tabs?) so it affects the blade alignment on this style of blade alignment(4 corner posts only) & also similar design of competitors razors IMO.
    So I did a visual blade reveal on both sides by gently bumping the blade edge with a paper tuck blade box until it looked acceptable and then tightened the blade down.
    The Kai blade will align excellent with normal razors that have alignment posts or riser slots to center the blade evenly. That aside the blade worked great and produced a excellent shave with a little more blade exposure or reveal like I wanted with a Steep approach (riding the bar). The sweet spot angle also increased with this unique blade and it might be worth using for some folks who are willing to have to tweak the blade slightly possibly for alignment because of the narrower blade tabs.
    The shave was excellent and mostly carefree shaving with excellent results for folks who like close shaves.
    Blade : Kai SS, sharp & smooth with excellent longevity.
    Soap : Yaqi Green, nice fresh scent with excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations to make their soap & fragrance line of products.
    Brush : Yaqi "Goblin" 24mm synthetic- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Yaqi Green splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi Sentinel razor with a Kai SS extra wide blade(with narrower blade tabs width than a standard Gillette blade I just discovered recently).
    [​IMG]
    SOTD March 24 2023 .jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  19. James Kleinkauf

[​IMG]
    Friday Afternoon 03.24.23
    RAZOR: Karve CB brass 3” Gladius handle, plate C Open Comb
    BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
    BRUSH: Oumo Desert Ironwood & Sandalwood 26mm SILK/Manchuria
    LATHER: Taylor‌ ‌of‌ ‌Old‌ ‌Bond‌ ‌Street‌ ‌Sandalwood‌ ‌Shaving‌ Soap

20. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

Here my Wednesday Shave (22.03.2023)

90E197E6-B90F-415A-9E23-2A5AA63C8319.jpeg
    Preshave: PAA Cube // Razor: iKon Shavecraft 102 // Blade: Gillette Wilkinson India // Soap: PAA CaD // Brush: Shavemac 173 // Aftershave: Fine American Blend

Lovely shave. Smooth, gentle and thoroughly in 3 passes.

Take your time, enjoy your shaves and stay safe and healthy.

Greetings
    Thorsten

Gian, Primotenore, jtspartan and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.