Kitchen renovation

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Sara-s, Mar 1, 2023.

1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Great flooring. We installed it in our finished basement in 2019. It still looks new. I doubt it'll ever wear out. Easy to clean too.

Paul Turner, Sara-s and Enrico like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

What cleaning products do you like for it?

BTW, there is another thing I should mention. My kitchen isn’t that big-about 10’ x 10’. But even allowing for its small size, I was impressed with how quickly the installation went. Counting the time to patch some uneven spots, allow the patching cement to dry AND put down the flooring, the whole job just took about 4.5 hours.

Daywalker, Enrico and wristwatchb like this.
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Keep in mind our that our floor is installed in a living area (no pets or outside shoes worn in the house) vs. a kitchen. We typically use a cordless vac (roller brushes turned off) followed by either a microfiber or a Swiffer dust mop. We spot clean the occasional spill with damp and then dry paper towels. This has worked great for us.

Sara-s likes this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm not sure what our cleaning staff use, but my in-laws have it in their kitchen and use Simple Green lemon scent mixed to light duty; put in a spray bottle and a flat mop from Home Depot.

:)

Sara-s likes this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I was at my Quilt Guild meeting today. We meet at a Knights of Columbus hall. I noticed today, that they have the same type of flooring in the main corridor. It's a busy place and the flooring is in great condition.

wristwatchb and richgem like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Guess I'll have to flip off my shoes as I prance in with my Clubman.

Sara-s and wristwatchb like this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

What you do behind closed doors is your business. But for the love of penguins please close the drapes! :susel:

8. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

We recently installed the weathered gray in some restrooms and a couple of other heavy traffic areas in our church. So far so good. I like it!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    wristwatchb, Sara-s and Enrico like this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@BamaT that’s good to know.

I just had the appliances reinstalled. (Dishwasher, stove, washer & dryer.) Can’t use the dishwasher yet (Until the new sink & faucet are in) but the others are now usable.

10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Still waiting on the cabinets, as one was ordered in the wrong size. So I called today to get an update. I was told that it is expected around 4/20. Even if that wasn't he day before my surgery, we have been living on takeout for over a month now.

I'm so glad I had some more leather work to do, because I really needed to hit something.

BamaT, John Beeman and Enrico like this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We are getting pretty sick of takeout food.

Our biggest obstacle to cooking is the lack of a sink. There is a bathroom off the kitchen, but the sink is small. So I got a rolling cart & just put it together. Later (when I get the Amazon delivery) I will add 2 washbasins and an extension hose for the bathroom faucet.

3F08FFE1-C48B-4413-9B6B-3905337E05B4.jpeg

BamaT and Paul Turner like this.
  12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Clever wabbit...

Daywalker and Sara-s like this.
  13. Daywalker

Daywalker Active Member

Sameach Pesach to you and your family Sara!

Sara-s likes this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@Daywalker thank you! And I wish you & yours the same.

Daywalker likes this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Finally, 4 months after this renovation began, the countertop is being installed tomorrow. Once that is done within 24 hurst I think) I can get the new faucet installed and we have our kitchen back.

Queen of Blades, Enrico and richgem like this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The countertop & sink (which was provided as a bonus item with the countertop) are in! The plumber will be here in about an hour, to install the faucet and reconnect the dishwasher.
    Here it is:
    IMG_2023-5-18-130140.jpeg

Close up of the surface:
    IMG_2023-5-18-130129.jpeg

17. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sara-s likes this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks @swarden43 The plumber has been & gone. Faucet & dishwasher are up & running.

IMG_2023-5-18-164840.jpeg

IMG_2023-5-18-164828.jpeg

19. Lupanoss

Lupanoss New Member

It's great to revisit your post about your kitchen renovation from a year ago. Dealing with water damage can be a real headache, but it's commendable that you took the initiative to address the issue promptly. Looking at the before pictures you shared, it's evident that there was some significant damage, especially to the cabinets and flooring.

BamaT, Sara-s and Enrico like this.
  20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@Lupanoss thanks for the kind words. You are right about what a headache it was. But it's thankfully done.

mrchick likes this.