Lacewood Dubl Duck

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by garythepenman, May 29, 2007.

1. garythepenman

garythepenman New Member

Hi All,

I was asked to rescale a DD with lacewood. A point and possible cause of DD's tendencies to have warped scales came to mind.

Most razors do not have identically tapered tangs. Just check a few of yours and you will note that quite often one side ramains straight and in-line with the spine, the other side angles in slightly. (look from the top..doh !)

This particular Duck had this and although the blade was reasonably centred this would certainly put pressure on one side and over time the celluloid will warp.

When I pinned and tested, the blade was off centre so the thinnest of washers on the same side that the blade leans (inside at the pivot) to is required to bring back to centre.

Voila !

Anyway here are the pics. Lacewood, green perspex wedge, brass spacer at the 3rd pin and bullseye washers.

Gary

Attached Files:

2. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Dang, Gary...

You are really getting good at this stuff. I like this one a lot. How 'bout a pic of the washer adjustment you made?????

3. garythepenman

garythepenman New Member

OK Bill, I know you know but for those that are still trying to fathom it out. Pics are below.

Any more questions please ask.

Cheers

Gary

Attached Files:

4. xChris

xChris Member

Yes -- yes -- more photos, please!

5. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Gary...

And when you get real good at it, you will be able to bend them back into shape like me...

[​IMG]

For those of you who think the blade is not in one piece... it's an eliptical conclusion.
    :signs081

6. garythepenman

garythepenman New Member

Bill, isn't that a travel razor designed for easy packing ?

Gary

7. bg42

bg42 New Member

exellent

You may have been away for a while ,but you certainly haven`t lost your touch :rofl :rofl
    Kind regards Peter

8. bg42

bg42 New Member

Bill I`m sorry but I had to say it ,if you keep showing off ,you are going to come to grief sooner of latter :D :D :D
    Kind regards Peter
    PS don`t yot have a mig or better still a tig welder

9. garythepenman

garythepenman New Member

Thanks All..I've been busier than a one legged man in an arse kicking contest or as the Aussies would say "flat out like a lizzard drinking ".

Gary