Seven Potions

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by ischiapp, May 2, 2023.

1. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

PLANofMAN and brit like this.
  2. ischiapp

Today I tried to change the lathering.
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/posts/2081073/
    [​IMG]

This cream is definitely thirsty.
    Like all products rich in composition.
    It’s not perfect yet, but we’re almost there.
    Less cream, more water, more work.

PLANofMAN and brit like this.
  3. ischiapp

A small change. (here)
    A good natural brush, instead of synthetic.
    But I found no improvement.
    [​IMG]

4. brit

brit in a box

likes water..;):eatdrink047:
    20230519_135442_edited.jpg

ischiapp and PLANofMAN like this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    What are your initial impressions? As I recall, you are one of those who do like rose scented shaving products.

brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

not big on rose,but i didn't get that initially anyway.my nose is weird that way.lt loves water.very slick.when i first test lathered it it was like standard cream ,a touch of dissipation on the face after a few minutes.so i decided to drown it in the bowl and added a bunch of water.what resulted was what you see on the brush.shiny,slick and didn't dissipate.was similar to a tobs lather but with post care products.from your initial reviews i had pretty much written it off and thought,well something else to add to the frankencreams.i will actually test shave it at some point.shipped from england it was pricey but not dissapointed..just not overjoyed either..;):eatdrink047:

macaronus and PLANofMAN like this.
  7. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I may have to revisit it. I definitely didn't get 'slick' from it. Everything else about it was okay, save for the scent, but that's a personal thing.

brit likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

slick has so many levels..;).you know how some folks can't lather MWF?..:D

PLANofMAN likes this.
  9. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I'm convinced that falls into the 'operater error' category.

SterFry and brit like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

some "experts" would disagree:D:eatdrink047:

PLANofMAN likes this.
  11. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    There's always going to be a few contrarians for every product or method. It can't be helped.

Some products really are terrible. Herban Cowboy and Burt's Bees shave soap come to mind. So legendarily bad I still remember the discussions about them, and as far I know, they've been discontinued for 15+ years or more.

I still can't get a decent lather from Trumper's shave soap, and I'm on my second puck of that. I thought maybe it was a technique issue the first time around, and five years experience would make a difference. (It didn't, but adding Kiss my Face Unscented did).
    (Edit: Trumper's (vegan) shave soap, unlike their shave cream, really does have a lousy reputation. The long discontinued tallow shave soap had a good one.)

Last edited: May 20, 2023
  12. brit

brit in a box

i get that..

13. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Trumper's vegan shave soap is pretty universally reviled, so I'm not alone in that. (Unlike their long discontinued tallow shave soap).

brit likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

:)i hear dr Harris is the only example of hard soap unscrewed with over the years of reforms..also how much of those soaps are really original from the early years?:)

15. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    MWF. "Original 1893 Formula."
    The fact that it contains ingredients not invented until the 1920's, is, no doubt, just a reflection of how much less advanced the rest of the world is, compared to the technologically advanced Yorkshire dales. A real life Marvel Universe Wakanda, it is.
    :rolleyes:
    James Herriot's country vet tales are carefully crafted lies, obviously intent on hiding this highly advanced civilization in plain sight.

Edit: Having read recipes for shaving soaps and creams from the mid-1800's, I suspect that modern formulations are generally an improvement.

16. brit

brit in a box

:happy102::eatdrink047:

17. ischiapp

A lot!!!

brit likes this.
  18. ischiapp

Don't rush ...

brit likes this.
  19. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Should I take it from that response that you largely share my, ah, somewhat mixed opinions on this shave cream?

I'm still waiting for an actual review from someone other than me. Especially since my review was somewhat lukewarm.

20. ischiapp

It was a first impression.
    A review needs time.
    I'm on it ...

PLANofMAN likes this.