The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Friday morning - my birthday shave:

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Rapira day 12
    Stirling Frozen Tundra SS
    Prep ASB
    Alt Innsbruck AS Splash

A year older today and hopefully a year wiser!

This morning I wanted to show my brother Rod’s soaps some love so I selected the Frozen Tundra and I’m happy that I did. This soap has such a beautiful scent that’s a blend of peppermint, wintergreen, with earthy notes, the lather is such a pleasure to work up, there’s no shortage of menthol - in fact it’s the second coldest Stirling soap after the Glacials, and it has such soothing, gentle skincare. Needless to say the Prep and the Alt Innsbruck were a perfect finishing combo. Three passes gave me a helluva fine BBS shave that I enjoyed immensely!

Have a great weekend - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Turner, Frijolero and brit like this.
  2. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Happy Birthday !!

Paul Turner, Yehuda D and Frijolero like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

happy birthday Jeff.:):eatdrink047::greet002:

Paul Turner, Yehuda D and Frijolero like this.
  4. Yehuda D

Thanks so much Gary!

Frijolero likes this.
  5. Yehuda D

Sunday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Rapira day 14
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen ASB
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH
    Brut Deodorant Spray
    Brut Cologne

These Rapira blades are something else they’re fantastic in the longevity department because they have to deal with my tough beard stubble. The Glacial Wintergreen trio with its delightful scent and its mega frigid menthol sensation felt so good this morning - the soap lathered beautifully with my awesome Yaqi 30mm synthetic, it froze me to smithereens, and the postshave feeling was so soothing as well as comfortable. The matching balm and witch hazel added plenty of extra frozen goodness. Finally the Brut cologne made me smell so nicely old school. This Rapira blade is at the end of the road but it gave me one last hoorah with a terrific three pass BBS shave that was so much fun!

Enjoy your Sunday - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Frijolero and ischiapp like this.
  6. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A beautiful Grand Freeze!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/new Astra Green
    Stirling Glacial Citron SS
    Prep ASB
    Stirling Glacial Citron AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
    Bleu de Chanel Parfum

It felt absolutely heavenly to smell the gorgeous scent of the Glacial Citron soap and aftershave and to feel the intense menthol sensation - the soap’s tallow formula gives the lather such wonderful richness, slickness, cushion, and protection, it’s so freezing cold, and the postshave feeling is so soothing as well as moisturizing. The Prep added its own special soothing, and the Glacial Citron aftershave gave me its overwhelming menthol kick along with a delightful blast of citrusy goodness. Finally the Bleu de Chanel’s magnificent fragrance and I was good to go. Three passes with a brand new Astra Green blade gave me a dynamite BBS shave that was so pleasurable!

Have a great week - be well and stay safe!

[​IMG]

Frijolero likes this.
  7. Yehuda D

Friday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Astra Green day 5
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint SS
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint ASB
    MSC Frosted Spearmint AS Spray
    Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
    Bleu de Chanel EdP

My bathroom was filled with the delightful scent of the Glacial Spearmint soap and my face was buried under tons of rich, creamy, super slick, mega frigid lather, and the postshave feeling was great. The Glacial Spearmint balm helped to continue the freeze, and it added so much extra moisturizing as well as soothing, while Fernando’s wonderful Frosted Spearmint aftershave smells as lovely as the Glacial Spearmint and it’s a menthol atom bomb. Last but not least the Bleu de Chanel’s gorgeous fragrance and I’m all set. Three passes gave me a helluva BBS shave that I enjoyed immensely!

Have a good weekend - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

Paul Turner and Frijolero like this.
  8. Yehuda D

Wednesday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Rapira day 3
    Stirling Glacial Electric Sheep SS
    Prep ASB
    Fine Snake Bite AS Splash
    Christian Dior Eau Sauvage EdT

Not too much to say - this shave was such a frigid pleasure. The Glacial Electric Sheep has that same lovely lemony/citronella/eucalyptus scent as the regular version except that this one has such powerful menthol fumes that hit you in the face, the mutton tallow formula promotes such magnificent lather that’s so rich, super slick as well as protective, there’s enough menthol in it to freeze a polar bear’s charms off, and it’s got perfect skincare. Rod really created a treasure with this one and it’s a must have for me at all times. The Prep is another treasure from South Africa - it’s my favourite balm because it’s not only soothing and moisturizing, it’s has a nice menthol sensation, and it smells exactly like the old Noxzema cream. The Snake Bite aftershave has no discernible scent but at least it smells clean, and it feels like liquid nitrogen on your skin - that’s how cold it is. Three glorious passes gave me a dynamite BBS shave that I enjoyed immensely!

See y’all tomorrow - enjoy your day and your shaves!
    [​IMG]

Frijolero and Paul Turner like this.
  9. Yehuda D

Sunday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Hot shower
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Rapira day 14
    Stirling Glacial Strawberry Lemonade SS
    Prep ASB
    Stirling Glacial Strawberry Lemonade AS Splash

Lately our weather is on the hot side so a setup like this is most welcome. Rod’s Glacial Strawberry Lemonade soap and aftershave are not only frigidly cold, they have such a gorgeous scent which goes so well with this kind of weather - the strawberry notes are more dominant but the lemon still comes through. The soap’s tallow formula promotes such awesome lather that has tons of the famous Stirling slickness, the menthol sensation is killer cold, and the skincare is numero uno. The Prep moisturized and soothed my skin perfectly while the Glacial Strawberry Lemonade aftershave gave me its delightful scent along with a MONSTROUS menthol punch. The Rapira blade reached the end of the road but it gave me one last hoorah with a brilliant three pass BBS shave that was so much fun!

Enjoy your Sunday - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

10. Yehuda D

Saturday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Happy Canada Day - Bonne Fête du Canada!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Rapira day 6
    Stirling Glacial Citron SS
    Prep ASB
    Stirling Glacial Citron AS Splash
    Christian Dior Eau Sauvage EdT

Oh my God I think my face is going to need all day to thaw out after all this menthol - the Glacial Citron soap and aftershave are a couple of gorgeously scented icebergs. The soap’s tallow formula gives it such fantastic lather so easily with tons of slickness, the menthol sensation hits like a ton of frigid bricks, and the skincare is perfect. The Prep delivered beautifully on the postshave moisturizing and soothing while the Glacial Citron aftershave laid another coating of icicles in my face along with its delightful scent that seems to pair very well with the Eau Sauvage which is another top favourite of mine. Three glorious passes gave me a dynamite BBS shave that I throughly enjoyed!

Have a great weekend - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

11. Yehuda D

Saturday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Rapira day 13
    Stirling Glacial Electric Sheep SS
    Prep ASB
    Floid Vigoroso AS Splash

Holy icicles Batman - my face is so frozen from this Glacial Electric Sheep. It’s one of the more recent Glacial soaps and it’s the only one with a mutton tallow formula. The scent is so delightful, the lather is so easy to work up - it’s so rich, creamy, mega slick and protective, the menthol sensation is killer cold, and the skincare is perfect. The Prep and the Floid Vigoroso aftershave were a great finishing combo. Three glorious passes gave me a dynamite BBS shave that was so much fun!

Enjoy your day and your shaves - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

Frijolero likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm loking ahead to some major Stoylin purchases. They won't be all at once, but let's say from soon to year's end.

Frijolero likes this.
  13. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I bet you buy Sandpiper

-Clayton

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

14. Paul Turner

Wasn't on my list at this particular time, but I might well repurchase it.

Frijolero likes this.
  15. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

What a Grand Freeze this was!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Rapira day 8
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill ASB
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill AS Splash
    Aramis EdT

Lemony scented icicles in my face - the Glacial Lemon Chill trio sure did the job for me. The soap lathered like a maniac with lots of slickness and the menthol hit like a sledgehammer, not to mention how soothed my skin felt. The matching balm and aftershave were a perfect icy cold finish and last but not least the beautiful Aramis fragrance. Three passes gave me a brilliant BBS shave that was so much fun!

Wishing you all a great week - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

16. Axeman556

Axeman556 Well-Known Member

I did my sotd with none other than sterling haverford what a great scent it's enchanting ! Compress_20230719_222446_6479.jpg

brit, Paul Turner and Frijolero like this.
  17. Paul Turner

Happy Canada day to you too Jeff......2nd largest country in the world.

Yehuda D and Frijolero like this.
  18. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A beautiful Grand Freeze with:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/new Rapira
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint SS
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint ASB
    MSC Frosted Spearmint AS Spray

If this kind of setup doesn’t freeze your face off then nothing will - wow, it’s so potent. The Glacial Spearmint soap’s beautiful scent filled my bathroom, my Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole synthetic churned up wonderful lather that had the great Stirling slickness, the menthol sensation was killer cold, and the skincare was brilliant. The matching balm and the Frosted Spearmint aftershave were a great frigid finish. The brand new Rapira blade helped to ensure a terrific three pass BBS shave that I enjoyed from start to finish!

Have a good week - be well and stay safe!

[​IMG]

19. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I haven't bought a soap in over 3 years. And I still have this many:
    [​IMG]

Yehuda D, Frijolero and Paul Turner like this.
  20. Paul Turner

That settles it, Andrew...I was right all along. If I was to visit you and your family, I'd have to work my way around your Stoylin arsenal just to get past the door.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    Frijolero and Linuxguile like this.