Received my first vintage razor!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jim O, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Jim O

Jim O Well-Known Member

Just received my first vintage razor, the Schick E3 Injector. I love old stuff, and this has me almost giddy. It has a little green corrosion that I will gently try and remove with Scrubbing Bubbles, per @swarden43(Thanks!). Looks pretty aggressive to me. I bet this style will be my favourite. It's not nearly as cumbersome as the 34C. We shall see. Tonight, I use it.

Let me know if you can't access the photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DcdQRsKFehiWgua88

stuartganis and wristwatchb like this.
  2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Be very careful installing the first blade if there’s not a blade in the razor already.
    It’s quite easy to remove the end of your thumb.
    Maybe watch a couple of videos on injector loading.

Herm2502 and Jim O like this.
  3. Jim O

Jim O Well-Known Member

It has a new blade, but I will put one of my own blades in. Time to find a video. Thanks.

4. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Always leave the old blade until you change it. Head does not open like E2.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Jim O likes this.
  5. Jim O

Jim O Well-Known Member

Educate me. How is it different from an E2? Thanks.

Herm2502 likes this.
  6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Niiiiiiiice!

Jim O likes this.
  7. Herm2502

While they look similar, the E2 head opens. The later E's do not open, unless you force them, risking damage. The injector mechanic that the blades come in make changing blades a snap.[​IMG]

brit, DaltonGang and Jim O like this.
  8. Jim O

Jim O Well-Known Member

Well, I used the E2 for the first time. All I can say is "this razor talks to you", especially ATG. When I loaded the blade, I was shocked by how much blade is exposed. My only point of reference is my 34c. So yeah, a little intimidating out of the gate. I also did my first cold water shave, so that seemed to amplify the volume. Anyway, it's a very intuitive razor to me. No blood gushers. A micro-nick on my neck, and an even smaller one below my lip. Oh well, I like the E2, and I'll get better with it. Now I want to try the Damaskeene which is on the way.

9. Herm2502

You'll like the Damaskene, but it's a totally different experience than the injector. Not nearly as maneuverable. Enjoy!

Jim O and brit like this.