Old SE (GEM Type) Razor Head To DE Handle

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by WhyAreYouMe, Aug 24, 2023.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Is it that incredibly ornate lather catcher just below the Stully live blade?

Hembree likes this.
  2. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Hello! Thanks for setting me up with these handle converters. I appreciate how easy you made it for me. And the finishing is really good - these should serve for years.

And…… you are the winner on picking out the razor with the converter. That is a lovely razor yeah? A Kampfe model out in the late 1800s. Trendy male shavers in the 1800s used to be fond of flowers, pink colors and rose scents, and this style of ornateness was prized. I must say, this particular one is also much prized by me!

I will also take your advice and not change out the converters over the sink! (Good advice.)

Hembree and GAW9576 like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I converted a Micromatic handle to be used in standard modern 3pc razors heads and also it will work with 10/32 older razor heads. I bought some brass 5mm diameter X .8mm pitch brass screws and just cut to length as needed, 5mmX.8mm + seemed to fit the pitch of 10/32 thread (very close).The Micromatic handle was carefully drilled to 4.2mm and taped to 5X.8mm with no issues with out a lathe. The handle was salvaged from a broken blade stop on a Micromatic that was sent to me on Ebay and was repurposed. I just used wooded slats to clamp the razor handle in my small vise as needed so not to damage the handle.
    The idea was from @GAW9576 who also made one and a few others I have seen. Micromatic handle salvage with adaptor..jpg MMOC 2.1.jpg Razorock Wunderbar with a Gem Micromatic handle..jpg
    Micromatic handle salvage.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

4. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Great work! Very imaginative and well executed. :eatdrink047:

5. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

Jayaruh made the white handle for my ASR razor and a friend took my Ever-Ready razor head to our local bolt & screw store and found the screw to fit it and attached it to the whitetail deer antler for the other one.

Attached Files:

6. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

Does anyone here make the sleeves to connect the DE handles to the SE heads?

Hembree likes this.
  7. StubbleMeetsSteel

StubbleMeetsSteel New Member

look at all those lather catchers :happy096::signs021:

GAW9576 likes this.