Single Edge & Injector Razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Honey Badger, May 7, 2024.

1. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Member

As you can see from my previous posts I am totally new to razor collecting & trying to buy everything that comes up on Ebay, Etsy etc, but its getting very expensive. So decided to start with SE & Injector
    razors especially Schick. There's a lot go at, ok not the oldest razors on the planet, but is some beautiful razors out there. I have just purchased a 1967 Schick Auto-Band in green & no its not a ladies razor, the ladies razor is stamped ladies at the top of the chrome head of the razor which it is on the pink version. Then there's the Warner Hudnut Reelshav, Gillette Techmatic, Parker’s, Supply, Personna, GEM, Wilkinson Sword, Rolls, etc. That should keep me going for a good while.

1967 Schick Auto-Band Green .jpg s-l1600.jpg

2. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Member

Added some more of my favorites SE razors 1964 Warner Hudnut Reelshav.jpg

Attached Files:

koenfucius and elektrotasil like this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Unless you just want to display, these type of razors have never been popular to shave with. Cartridge/band style razors were not well received. . I have tried, and decided they aren't worth the trouble. Try collecting the Personna, Schick, or PAL injection razors. Much more collectable and better to shave with. These take modern injector blades.

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Or, you can just skip all this incidental collecting of injectors, and get into the real collecting of the shaving hobby world. You can jump into Straight Razor Shaving(The Dark Side). Not many venture there, but it is the pinnacle of collecting, and shaving. When you learn Straight Razor Shaving, you will be at the top of your game. Best shaves ever, and best looking razors.

Karl G likes this.
  5. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Member

I can understand where you are coming from about cartridge/band style razors, but they are still part of the history of shaving, there was one man that may have disagreed with you in 1969. (See Pics), as for straight razors they don't do nothing for me, every body to there own. I have my eye on a few injector razors, like you say Personna, Schick, Supply, Parker & PAL. I will post a few photos of Schick ones I am after.

1969 Michael Collins Shaving With A Gillette Techmatic Apollo 11 Mission.jpg 1969 Michael Collins Gillette Techmatic & Old Spice Cream From Apollo 11.jpg

6. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Member

Here's the Schick razors I am after. Schick Grip Injector M25 Tennis Racket Handle, G3Schick 66 Injector, G6 Schick Injector, Schick Injector Type E & G5 Schick Injector.

Attached Files:

7. galhatz

galhatz Member

I go back and forth between DE and SE razors. Even though I have been on this wet shaving journey for 12 years and thought I knew everything technique wise, including a detour in straight razors (and honing them etc), last year I realized that in order to get the best out of SE razors is to make sure the angle is
    1) as shallow as possible. If you use a Gem/Ever ready and happen to see the instruction paper - they really want you to have the cap touching the face. I don't like that feeling because it is a lot of drag so I have it ALMOST touching the face.
    2) the direction and (light) pressure should follow the skin line. No need to push in at all, the Gem blade is plenty sharp to mow out everything in its path.

Once I dialed in those two principles - even the open comb micromatic becomes a very smooth shaver.
    But! if the angle becomes ever so steep - the MMOC will bite.
    Other models are more forgiving. The line evolved well until the last model - the contour is probably too forgiving (for me) - but the models previous to it - the Featherweight, Push Button and G-Bar really hit the sweet spot.

8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

SE razors can be a deep rabbit hole to go down especially if you get into razors made in the 1920s and earlier. There are also a lot of different Feather injector razors to collect. The problem though with the Japanese stuff is no one seems to have them outside Japanese sellers and when they do come up for sale they price them so high they are not worth buying.

9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

To be fair he would have used whatever razor NASA gave him.