Titanic and 3017...?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Primotenore, Apr 27, 2018.

?

Why do you "3017" a product?

1. For the Challenge

22.2%
  2. Because I was Challenged

14.8%
  3. Because I am Challenged

18.5%
  4. None of the above

25.9%
  5. All of the above

44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 25, 2024
    Wolfman Bronze Guerrilla (0.84mm gap)
    Gillette 7 O’clock Black
    Thäter Boar
    Master Soap Creations Frosted Bay Rum
    Dehn El Oud Malaki

[​IMG]

Happy Saturday Everyone! It is a very messy and stormy day here in the ATL. The sort of day that it is nice to just hang around the house. Another fantastic shave this morning. I find both the 0.69mm and 0.84mm base plates deliver very smooth shaves. The 0.84 mm plate might be a touch more efficient. I went with the Oud Malaki full strength this morning. Ten minutes after application, Swati walked by and gave an unsolicited huge thumbs up. That just goes to show she is a woman of good taste in recognizing a good scent and condemning Clubman :D

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    3017...A.D. :signs136:

3. Primotenore

Article Team
    :happy096:

Frijolero, Keithmax, brit and 2 others like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I think it will be a 3017 target soon. I remember how big of a dent you made in the brain bowl over 30 days.

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I will admit I was a little concerned she would not like it at all. She simply said "very nice, you should wear that more often". Huge win and thank you for the recommendation.

6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Not so fast, Joseph. If you have mice in your shave den, this could be a ro-dent.
    Compared to Arko, both soaps will put a dent in your wallet.

Bottom, your shave left a good impression on me. You might as well 3017 the MdC instead of just kicking the can down the road.

7. wristwatchb

Several items in @Primotenore's shave den are dented, leaving me unimpressed.

8. brit

brit in a box

awesome set up Joseph.:cool:dented lid means it has to go..;)how many shaves do you predict it will last?.just curious,i have the agrumes version..:)

Frijolero, Primotenore and clint64 like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

-The-Weekender-
    efbt/super silver
    soc
    waves
    voyage

[​IMG]

good morning gents
    weekender waves shave.
    might do a "sunday off "shave then back to waves monday;)
    the soc boar peeled another layer off the soap,fine lather
    smooth 2 passer with the efbt/super silver combo,
    swapped in the solid thin handle for better balance and weight
    absolutely awesome
    have a fine weekend everyone
    :eatdrink047:

10. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

From my experience I would guess between 70-100 daily shaves. The soap gets much soft with daily use with usage per shave going up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. brit

brit in a box

ok,wow,thought it might last longer.thank youClint.:):eatdrink047:

Frijolero and clint64 like this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

It last for ever in a rotation since the soap stays very hard. With daily use it gets much softer. My MdC Fougere lasted 119 shaves while the Orginal lasted 79 shaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frijolero, Keithmax, brit and 3 others like this.
  14. Primotenore

Article Team
    200g ÷ 4g/shave = 50 shaves. Just sayin'.

15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Since we're gettin' goofy here, let me report that last week-end, there were numerous UFO's spotted over the Dent house. Or so the Dent family thought. It turned out they were golf balls being hit from Valhalla, at the PGA Championships.in Louisville. They were identified as soon as they were thought to be UN-identified.

Frijolero, Keithmax and wristwatchb like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

fair enough gents,:)thank you.i 'll leave it rotation..;):eatdrink047:[/QUOTE]

Last edited: May 25, 2024
    Frijolero and clint64 like this.
  17. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

MdC is great stuff and the Fogere is my favorite. I have rose in the brain bowl but saddly the scent has long since dissapeared.

18. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I got a small nick, 'dent' in the edge of this Ed Brice blade, :signs002: I wonder if this due to a shaving similar to what inhabits
    @Primotenore shave den and dented his MDC? :shocked003: So yesterday I broke out the stones and restored the edge. I have not done more than a touch for years so I was curious to see if I could still hone a razor. Fortunately, the edge was fantastic :happy093:. I celebrated with some super stank, Montale never fails make our entire neighborhood smell great. :rofl:

J - 1.jpeg

Tomorrow I will resume my 3017.

19. Primotenore

Article Team
    I looked at the box and sure enough, there was damage consistent with the dent. What size is that Kent? BTW, I pulled the trigger on that BK8. :scared003:

20. wristwatchb

Congrats on scoring a Kent BK8. It was one of my first brushes, and I love using it.

The lid dent is hardly visible. Too bad you have a $1000 deductible on your collision coverage, though.

SOTD_Pow!.jpg