Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by DoctorWho, Jan 26, 2009.

1. DoctorWho

DoctorWho New Member

Naw, he was a good doctor, very modern and "out of model" compared to the other Doctor's. I thought he was good and was sorry to see him go after only one season. I liked his replacement however. David Tennent(spelling) played a bad dude in the Harry Potter movies, very different from his doctor role.

2. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Welcome! You'll find all the answers to your shaving related questions here at TSD. In fact you may find the answers to some questions that aren't shave related! :D

3. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Welcome to a wonderful place, good people, good info. BTW the avatar should be Rose. None of the Dr.'s are as nice to look at.

5. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

If we're going with a companion, I'd go with Martha Jones over Rose any day.

6. DoctorWho

DoctorWho New Member

Well I ordered the blade sampler pack from westcoastshaving.com. Thanks for the recommendation!

I am still poking around the reviews section for brushes. It's pretty overwhelming but I like the QED suggestion. Man, That site is hard to use! I think I read somewhere to just call QED and if I go that route for a brush that is what I'll do.

This morning for the heck of it I tried putting the Proraso cream right on my face and smearing it around. I used my fusion. The shave was good. I would say better than the gillette gel I regularly use. My neck is still red as usual but I am starting to read about going with the grain. I've never paid any attention to that before. But wow, lordy, lordy the rinsing off was cold, cold, cold! :signs021 I am thinking I can't use that stuff in the winter so I gotta get a brush for the soap or buy a different cream.

Is there a cream that is the opposite of Proraso? Something that warms you up in the winter?

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Tom Baker!

:happy108

Mine too!

I'm late. :o

I'm the Queen. :signs046

Welcome to The Shave Den, Doctor Who!

If you haven't already, don't forget to sign up for the January Newbie Give-Away. (link in my sig)

And I'll be right back with advice on getting your avatar up.

8. Queen of Blades

Go to UserCP
    Under Settings & Options
    Go to Edit Avatar
    Click the Browse button
    Find your pic in the box that should pop up, click it, click Open
    Click Save Changes button

That should be it.

Let us know if that doesn't work.

9. DoctorWho

DoctorWho New Member

JoAnna, thank you very much for the welcome and assistance.

I see my avatar whenever I go into the User CP and when I look at my profile.

I don't see my avatar showing up in my posts.

I just joined this week. Is there some kind of delay before an avatar shows up in the posts?

Ah, just got it and that was a pretty silly mistake on my part! I added the picture to my PROFILE but not my AVATAR as I thought they were both the same. Everything is OK now. Anyone care for a jelly baby?

10. Queen of Blades

Yep, that's what I figured the problem was.

Jelly babies all around! :thanks :thanks

11. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Yesss! That is how the evil of the Zontarans work. They put in bits of information that looks supiciously like it will do something, but actually don't! I think you need a hyper-spanner and a sonic screwdriver to fix it!

12. slickskin

slickskin New Member

Welcome to the Den! I got my brush from of all places: Duluth Trading company... It is an Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush... the same as the C&E BBB not too expensive either.

13. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

Uhmmmm, Doctor Who, that isnt Rose in your avatar?:ashamed001

14. DoctorWho

DoctorWho New Member

Don't get me started on the Zontarans.... :D

15. DoctorWho

DoctorWho New Member

Well a foam creature with bad hair and a big nose in your avatar window is not so easy on the eyes either. Please, no offence is intended. If you were to put Rose in your avatar we could get a good old Doctor Who episode going on. Whaddya say? :D