Anybody Know What This Is?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I just won this, but I really don't have any idea what it is other than being a British Gillette. Anybody got a clue?

[​IMG]

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

the case looks like a british tech case, the handle like a british new case. I am thinking mix and match, but I don't know

3. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Looks like a 7'Oclock (or another knockoff) razor in an early British ball end Tech case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

[​IMG]
    This is a French NEW set (made in England) that I thought the handle also looked similar to, so that could be Gillette. I haven't seen a Gillette with such short pegs to hold the blade, but I am always seeing things I hadn't seen before, so who knows. Were the 7 o'clocks made by gillette? I just wonder because of the gillette 7 o'clock blades...

5. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Great. Sounds like a POS. :happy102

Oh well, I only paid £9.50 shipped for it. ;)

6. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

That's neat Rodd. I think the 7Oclocks were made by Gillette, the "Made in England" stamp under head is identical to an English Gillette razor.

7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

speaking of the Made In England stamp, the french one has a stamp I had not seen before.
    [​IMG]

Rick, where is this one shipping out of?

8. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

England, and the seller does say that it is stamped "Made In England" on the bottom.

9. grottolord

grottolord New Member

It's a Widget!!!!!!!!

10. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

A British widget, to be more precise. ;)

11. riffin

riffin Active Member

I've seen that on EBay every once and a while. It means "Imported from Engalnd." English made Gillettes for export to France are a bit rare, I believe.

12. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

As seen on my French market #15. This is also inscribed on the band right above the TTO knob.

13. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

looks like a razor rick.