ERN Alligator

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Zeitgeist, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist New Member

Anyone know this razor.

[​IMG]

What dou you think about?. How much should i pay for it?. (It was offered me for nearly 25 $)

thanks
    Zeitgeist

2. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I dont know much about straights but from those pictures it looks to be in some bad shape..

The blade has some chips in it near the front. The splotches on the blade dont look very good either..

But what do I know.. one of the straight restorer guys on this forum will give you a better idea if it is repairable or not..

3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

far too much rust for a full hollow. I'd take it for free, but I wouldn't pay for it as you most likely won't get it to shave again...

4. bg42

bg42 New Member

ERN is a very good brand and make excellent shavers .Unfortunately ,by looking at the pics I think you would loose the etching if you were to clean it up, it looks like a lot of work .
    As far as doe goes,I would have to agree with our finger slicing moderator,leave it alone there are much more to be had on flea boy so I would be waiting and watching.
    Having said that ,if you were after a project razor for practice offer a few bucks I think if you can restore that you will just about be able tackle any that comes along
    Kind regards Peter

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

:happy102 :happy102 :happy102

6. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist New Member

hey gents,
    thanks for replying - didnt bought this ern

Regards
    Zeitgeist