Any terrible shaving products you have ever used?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by 1969Fatboy, Feb 11, 2009.

1. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Thanks Rodd. I'm not sure I'm quite settled on it yet.

I know where you could send those awful blades Grampi, in fact I'll trade you some Aqua Velva Ice Sport if you're interested.

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

L'Occitane cream is absolutely garbage. Not only that, it's too expensive. Also, the Caswell-Massey creams and soaps are terrible.

3. grampi

grampi Member

I think I only have like 3 of them left, wouldn't be worth the bother. I can't use AV anymore, it makes my face red. Must be the alcohol. I use nothing but balms now with excellent results. Thanks for the offer though.

4. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Member

I found the Musk at Lowe's foods. But I don't know if they have those around you.

5. crackstar

Oh, I must to disagree there--the Musgo Lime soap is great for showers, and I love the Musgo Classic a/shave. It has a sexy scent. (Madame tells me so!)

6. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Honestly, I don't remember. I thought the Greens were only made in India.

7. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Blades: Merkur, Derby.
    Creams: L'Occitane, Castle Forbes.
    Soaps: C&E Shave Soap, VDH Glycerine, Mama Bear Shave Soaps.

8. crackstar

I also don't like the Boots Cool Cologne cream. It has a strong and fake scent, and although the lather is ok, it has no real cooling effect, and it irritates my skin a little.

9. Ecosse

Ecosse New Member

Gillette 7 o'clock blacks, feel like they are rusty on my face

Palmolive from India, ugh, the smell is bad and gives zero protection to my face.

10. crackstar

I don't like that scent either, but I find it a soothing cream. I hate the scent of the US Palmolive cream, and it has no skincare.

11. dragonthief

dragonthief New Member

I had blanked the memory and you brought it crashing back. <shudder> thanks! I've had carpet burn more pleasant than a BIC shave...

12. dragonthief

dragonthief New Member

Funnily enough, I tried it for the first time today. On the whole, I agree. Boots don't even carry proper shaving soaps/creams or blades in their smaller stores, these days. I ask you: where's the love?

13. cop

cop New Member

Merkur blades

Though Merkur makes fine razors their blades rip my flesh :-(

14. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Green boxed 7 o'clock are made in India(permasharp) and Russia(super stainless), the Indian blades are coated, the Russian green boxes are not coated and seem to be the least favored of the 4 types of 7 o'clock blades

15. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

New addition: Ogallala Bay Rum Shave Soap.

16. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Williams. VDH. Skin Food as an aftershave. Most blades (derby, sharps, personas, crystals, merkurs, etc), TOBS Avocado.

17. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Member

Which blades do you use?

18. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

Let's not forget the razors themselves.
    Here is a link to the unanimous choice for the most useless razor.
    http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?ltr=D&t=5352
    I was the one who bought and sent these razors out.
    They were cheap and I was buying a strop from the same place.
    I mailed them off without a warning, although I had already tried to shave with one.

19. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Astra superiors, Gillette 7 o' clock yellows, Gillette Swedes, Irridiums (R.I.P), and Ted Pella (Gem) for my SEs.

20. Leon

Leon Active Member

The MR lime oil soap isn't meant to be a shaving soap, so no wonder it's terrible.

As for products I've disliked, the biggest disappointment has to be MWF. I can't get it to work. I've made lather out of all my other soaps, but MWF won't work with me.