New brush and gear in London - but where to look?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by cop, Feb 23, 2009.

1. cop

cop New Member

I'm going to London next week. Do you know some shops and stores with good selections of shaving equipment in the center of the city?

Especially I'm going to look for a new brush. To suit my skin and habits it should be a best badger in medium or small-medium, lathering well from hard soaps and, of course, soft to the skin. Any suggestions gentlemen? I look forward to your ideas and suggestions, thanks in advance.

Cheers

Cop(enhagen)

2. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

If you go to Jermyn Street (just off Picadilly) and St James' Street you will find more than you'll ever wish for! GFT, ToOBS, Dr Harris, Truefitt & Hill, Floris... They are all there.

3. cop

cop New Member

Thanks, Johan. That'll be the neighborhood for a thorough investigation! Can't wait...
    Cheers,
    cop

4. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Man...I wish I were you right now...well not right now..but when you get to London :)

5. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Me too. London is kind of a Mecca for wet shavers.

6. Cooz

Cooz New Member

Damn, I wish I read this post last week. I went to London last weekend and I was looking for a brush too. Went looking for Timothy Edwards Male Grooming‎ in the St. John Street, but couldn't find it unfortunately (didn't went far enough down the street probably). Also didn't know London was that kind of a Mecca for wet shavers.. I have been to Piccadilly Circus several times.. Guess there is just one option left.. Going back to London soon.. :D

7. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Member

Did you buy anything.....how was it?

8. cop

cop New Member

Hello gents!
    Back from London. I'll be back here in a couple of days with a small story and photos.
    Cheers,
    cop

9. cop

cop New Member

>Cooz: Could have been funny shopping together - just taking the walk from Picadilly Circus and down Jermyn Street and Picadilly to St. James Street. All the good shops lie in that area - within half an hour of walking.
    Cheers
    cop