New Futur

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by magic, Mar 16, 2009.

1. magic

magic New Member

Bought this from John at West Coast Shaving along with some other items. Not only is John's service outstanding(he shipped it on Saturday and I received it today Monday) but his prices are very low compared to most other online stores. And as part of having RAD I already tried it out and give it very high marks.

Attached Files:

2. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

That looks slippery! Might beat out the Good Fella?

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

John is a great vendor!

I agree the Futur looks slick, but how many complain about that on the Futur?

4. JayKay

I dont know. Thats the first polished chrome one I've ever seen. They've always been satin.

5. magic

magic New Member

You must take every razor seriously regardless of what kind it is. After all that blade can due damage big time. But believe it or not because of its weight the Futur forces you to pay attention to what you are doing.

6. JayKay

Huh? I was just asking if the thing is slippery or not. Its polished chrome. I cant imagine holding it at the end with 2 fingers is a great idea.

7. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I didn't notice in the pic, but you are right - they usually have a satin looking finish I thought. Is it actually just polished chrome?

8. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Last time I was browsing Amazon they sold both polished and satin finishes. I've never seen it in gold color though.

9. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I've got a polished chrome Futur that I purchased from John at WCS. I hold it with three fingers: thumb and index finger on the indentation right below the head, and I rest the base on my pinky. I also dry my hands and the razor handle if it gets wet enough to get slippery. So far, the only cuts I've gotten have been when I used the wrong angle and didn't properly respect the weight of the razor. It's really no more slick than my HD or my Gillette's when it's wet (and I dry them too if they get wet).

10. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Here's a picture of a gold one from Fendrihan's:
    [​IMG]

11. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Nice looking razor. Problem for me is all the Merkurs I've tried except the slant shaved very average. They score high in the looks department though.

12. JayKay

Interesting. First time I've seen polished, chrome or gold. I sometimes put my middle finger at the end of the razor. I also hold all my razors right at the end.

13. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

The gold one really looks great :) I had a Futur once, but it was too bulky for me.

14. melyus

melyus Well-Known Member

looks good weldone..

Regards.!

15. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I have a Gold and Satin. Chrome is on the "list"

16. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I just KNEW there was an upside to you gittin laid off, Rich...............glad to see ya around again, but wish your sitch was better.

OTOH........... Never liked the Futur. Just sayin.

17. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Ya, I get to post a little for a change. I got to do taxes today and file some bank paperwork. Oh, joy. :)