Handy container for Palmolive shave stick

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by superbleu, Mar 21, 2009.

1. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

The Palmolive shave sticks are quickly becoming one of my favorite soaps.
    people have complained about shave sticks not coming in convenient holder.

I found that the T-13 and T-16 size prescription pill bottles fit the shave sticks perfectly.
    If you wanted, you could drill out a hole in the bottom bit enough for your finger, then you would never have to take it out of the container and just push up from the bottom.

Attached Files:

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oh, I must to look for these stick holders some place. I have empty pill bottles that I use for an Arko stick, or another stick, but for my Palmolive, Speick, and Wilkinson sticks, I need to produce a holder.

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Thanks Bong, I was thinking that route, but you saved me the trouble of working out what size was best!

Now I just need to figure out what size should I get for my brush.

4. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Great idea Bong! If you ask at your pharmacy, they will usually give you an empty bottle. I took my travel brush with me and we found one that fits it perfectly.

Check out the Homemade Cases thread for a easy to make and functional razor case too!

5. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

40 DR is big enough diameter wise, but not tall enough for even my smallest brush.

See if you can track down a 60 DR, those are taller, and should fit and brush, they are bulky though.

Most of my friends are pharmers, and my sis works in a pharmacy if you guys are wondering how I know so much about these rx bottles.

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I suppose I could post this over there in that thread... but I usually just travel with a three piece razor in an altoids box. Cut a little foam to keep things from hitting and simple little lux/feather portable/tech/new/old style case.

7. MsBlackwolf

I cut foam to fit this cool little black tin with a wizard on it. I got it at a smoke shop. Altoids tins are popular razor cases I think.

8. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

That is a great idea Bong! I was wondering what to do with mine. I'll have to hit up some pill junkies! ;)

9. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Awesome idea. The other day I was looking for a pill bottle but mine are too small. Does the handle of the stick fit in the bottle as well?

10. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

No, sorry. That's why I added the drilled hole in the bottom idea.
    You can also pull part of the stick out and grip the pill bottle with the hand and soap with the finger and this works well.

Attached Files:

11. UncleStu

UncleStu Member

About those Palmolive shave sticks- what are some good sources?

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Just found out an EJ/CE BBB will just fit in a 30. The shave stick will fit in this with the handle, but it big for the stick still.

13. bonzo

bonzo New Member

The Shave Den store and www.superlather.com have the sticks.

14. maxpower

maxpower Member

That is a great idea!

It should work with Speick too.

15. MsBlackwolf

I'm bumping this up, as some of our newer members, and those making shave sticks lately may be interested. This idea works and drilling the hole in the bottom to push the stick up makes the whole thing mess free.

16. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I think that Bong had a brilliant idea.Thanks for the bump madam!

17. MsBlackwolf

You are quite welcome, Teiste. I also cut a circle of light plastic from a package that I was throwing away and dropped it down into the bottom of the bottle under the shave stick. I push against the plastic disc through the hole drilled in the bottom and the foil wrapper isn't damaged. I leave the foil on and peel it off as I use the stick. It's worked out very well.