Injector Blades -Where to Buy?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BullGoose, Mar 26, 2009.

1. BullGoose

BullGoose Well-Known Member

I just bought a Schick Injector from Ron who was kind enough to include a 7 pack of Schick Injector Plus Platinum blades.

I have two questions. What are some good brands of injector blades and where would I buy them?

2. Corey

Corey Member

I can't answer the question about quality brands, but I've seen refills at CVS, of all places.

3. BullGoose

I have seen the CVS refills as well. I have heard bad things about the CVS DE blades and figured the same may be true of the CVS Injector blades.

4. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

There are some Chinese made Schick's appearing recently that are reported to be very good. I haven't been able to locate them locally, or any others, so I get my new Injector blades from Ted Pella surgical supply.

5. BullGoose

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out for the Chinese Schicks but may buy a few Ted Pella blades in the meantime.

6. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I tried the CVS injector blades. Thought someone was trying to rip off my face they were so bad. Got nothing good to say about them at all.

7. Not sure about the quality, but I was checking out the razor section at Meijer this evening and saw that they have Injector blades (to my surprise).

8. BullGoose

Thanks for the warning. It looks like Ted Pella or NOS Schick injector blades off EBAY.

9. Will

Will Nevermind

The ones you have and online. Hard to find but they are there.

Here is one place http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=27404&catid=89896 but I bet you could find cheaper if you look.... Happy hunting.

Didnt treat me too bad but I can not say I flip over the CVS brand either. They will do for me fine but the Schick are way better.

10. UncleStu

UncleStu Member

A local grocery store has new Schick brand injector blades. They're probably the Chinese-made mentioned above, and price was ~$6 for a 7-pack of blades. I have a nice white-handle Eversharp-Schick injector (J 1, according to that info page off Yahoo) & thought about getting blades for it "just because", but haven't yet. The same store has *No* DE blades at all. :mad:

11. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

Danger, Will Robinson! IMHO, CVS injector blades suck. I've had better luck with NOS Pal Stainless Steel blades I bought on eBay, which appears to be the main source for injector blades other than ASR house brands. I have some Ted Pella blades but the shipping charges for them are prohibitive. It cost me as much to have them shipped to me as it did to buy the blades.

12. ctakim

ctakim Member

I've used locally bought CVS injector blades and Ted Pella. The Pella blades have worked better for me.

13. knlgskr

knlgskr Member

Personnas come in cartridges of twenty but it does not have the extension you need for injector razors; probably made for replaceable blade straights.