Grab bag

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jbcohen, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

Just wanted to let you know that I have sent the packages w/ delivery confirmation.

2. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Mine arrived Saturday. I'm planning on getting together with Freebird next weekend so we can go through it together and send it out at once. If it doesn't work out, I'll mail it the Monday following. Pictures to follow later this week!

- Lee

3. Hi. Any chance I could get in on the Great Grab Bag experiment?

Thanks

---Ben

4. freebird

freebird Active Member

Lee & I finally got together this afternoon and went through the box.
    Below is what I took, unfortunately I neglected to photograph what I put in, but can give a list of my contribution. I put in:2 straight razors, 2 boxes of persona double edge blades, 1 box of hair shaper blades, 2 styptic pencils, 1 tsd coffee scented shave soap,and several samples of Ogallala Bay Rum a/s. I tried to keep what I put in as close to what I took out as possible. I had hoped to make it into Tulsa to pick up an alum block to include, but things just didn't work out as I had planned.

What I took is pictured below:
    [​IMG]
    1 straight razor, 1 double edge safety razor, 2 samples of shaving cream (one was from Don which he marked as being his favorite), a couple of tubes of shaving cream a tin of soap, and a brush by the Body Works, and a puck of MWF- a gift from Lee.

5. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Sure. Sending you a PM now.

One from Dom? :D Which one was it? I do hope you enjoy it. That PdP is good stuff, too!

6. freebird

freebird Active Member

ToBS, Rose s/c. I've been dying to try some of the new stuff out, but Sunday morning,( Lee & I got together on Saturday) , our hot water heater went out, and my shave den is in shambles atm.
    :sad029

7. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Any updates on the boxes?

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I have one box.

Just waiting on my mailbox to have some room for it, and the snow to let the mailman through.

9. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

10. Queen of Blades

Ok, here we go. Pretty sure this is the tracking number, though USPS.com says "no record" at the moment. :confused:

Tracking Number;
    9405 5036 9930 0131 9293 30

Not sure how much the box weighed when I got it, but it weighs 7 pounds and 14 ounces now. :D

11. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

I mailed mine out to djwurm on the 30th. There's a tracking number, but I tossed it out. I thought it would also appear on the insurance receipt, which I kept :p

12. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

ToBS Rose is fantastic. Definitely one of my favorite creams. I do hope you enjoy it.

Has it showed up yet, djwurm?

13. djwurm

djwurm New Member

Arrived yesterday. Will look at it tonight when I get home from work. Will mail it out Monday...

I think I need the address of the next person on the list.

14. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Just sent you a PM, I believe I'm next.

15. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I did not get your PM.. maybe something is wrong with the PM system...

Not to complain but:....

1. Box seems to have a lot of stuff that is unlabeled.. I have no idea what it is then how do I know if it is shave cream or a balm or what? Plus how do I know what scent it is? What if im allergic to certain scents? Plus if I do like something then I cant buy more! I think anything in this box has to be labeled, just my 2 cents..

2. Box seems to have a lot of items that were in it last time. Nothing really new that I am interested in.

I only took out a straight razor that needs some work and putt in a new Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Shave soap puck. So I will just send it on its way when I do get an address.

Please take me off the list for the next round.

Thanks
    Chris

16. Queen of Blades

I only recall one soap (slice?) being unlabeled in the box I had. But the menthol crystals weren't labeled either. I knew what they were. Not sure others would know. If I had thought about it I would have labeled them.

17. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I've been having weird computer problems.

I sent the message again.

18. otipoby

otipoby Member

Hey everyone, I got the box from Joanna. I was out of town this weekend and had a nice suprise as I pulled up to the house. the Superbowl was on, so I have not opened it yet. I was suprised at how heavy the box was - love flat rate shipping.

19. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Out of curiosity, have there been any updates to the lists?

I am/was the last on the list for one of the boxes (will be shooting my shipping info to otherstar). Should I send the box to the first person on the list I was on, or send it to the first person on the other list (I kind of like that idea - but it could mean two boxes end up backed up at one location in the future)?

On one hand - the boxes stay separated, but with only 5 or so members on a box, the contents won't refresh much and we already lost a person from one list due to that.
    On the other hand - with two boxes making their way through the list (even though they are starting out separated, they could end up stuck in the same spot) you could get two boxes almost at once.

20. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

We've had a lot of people dropping out of this lately.

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to turn it all into one box again. What are peoples' thoughts on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.