Gillette

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by kevtex, Apr 13, 2009.

1. kevtex

kevtex Member

I'm waiting on the mail man to deliver me a Gillette New and hope that it shaves as smooth as others have said. For those that have a Gillette New what blade are you using with it? I plan on using my red pack Personna since I've gotten pretty good results from them but I'm not married to them.

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Your Red Packs should perform great in that razor! Enjoy it! Let us know what you think!

3. rainman

rainman New Member

I haven't had mine long enough to give a razor recommendation. I do think that it is a great shave. I actually now own the fat handled one and the ball end style.

4. UncleStu

UncleStu Member

My last several shaves have been with a long-toothed Gillette New, loaded with a Red-Pack Personna. It's an *excellent* combination for me! As always, ymmv. ;)

5. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

I have a small collection of New's in both long and short comb. I went to Astra Superior Platinums. The 7 O'clock green pkg Perma Sharps worked well too. YMMV

6. omegapd

omegapd New Member

when trying out any new razor for the 1st time, I always choose the most forgiving blade I have in the rotation. That seems to give me a good starting point and hopefully doesn't cut my face up at the same time. ;)

7. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Let me first say that I do not have a new but going by what others who have a new they have told me that they like the new and like the personna blades in the new.