SE Shave Week!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by MsBlackwolf, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Seeing that the micromatics came up in discussion, I figured that I would take today trough Friday to use some micromatics. Today, I shaved with the much feared open comb micromatic. Again, it is nothing to fear. However, I will admit that I got a nick under my nose; however, that was all user error and had nothing to do with the razor.

Tomorrow I will use a Clog-Pruf, and Friday I will use a bullet tip. At least that is the plans....

2. omegapd

omegapd New Member

y'all enjoy the day. I went back to the Fatboy this morning and some Williams. ;)

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I like those plans.. I will break out a OC tomorrow Good stuff.

My Valet shave did not pan out today. The SE blade I had modified several months back did not fit right. All user error. I did not snip it right. But as I recall I actually broke my only Valet blade that I was using as a guide. So I was guessing at the time, and got it wrong

Instead I went with a 1915 <that is the date on the head> Star that I found in the back of the box last night while writting up my Medicine cabinet post.

Not that bad of a shave. The head does not hold the blade as tight as my other SE stuff. I was being really careful and got a good shave from it. But not as nice as some of my others. However I was using a Treet blade on day 3 and a new soap. <Erasmic shave stick> I probably should not have changed too many things at once.

So VIVA LA REVOLUTION once again. I am going to pick out my cleanest OC for in the morning. then prolly my brass clog Pruf for Friday.

mail call.
    The mail came while I was typing this. I now own two more of the WWII 1912 models with the brass head and slim plastic handle woohoo. One on the original red and black cardboard box.. and one in the Brown slid top plastic case like my metal handle WWII 1912. WOOHOO again,

4. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I'm still on board with the SE week- I had been using GEM stainless blades but switched over to a PAL carbon this morning. They look really cool, all blue n' stuff. But the shave isn't worth writing home about. Not bad, not good. I think I'll stick with the GEM stainless once I've used up this blade.

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Are you using the Featherweight or the Star?

You know I prefer the PAL blades usually. For some reason the local family dollar does not have them alot, so I usually pick up the treet instead as it is easy to get.

I am anxious to see what matt hears from Pellaa on the PAL blades. that is an awesome price if they are the same.

6. omegapd

omegapd New Member

My Family Dollar has never had the blades. There's a spot on the shelf, and last time even had a sale coupon on the spot, but it's always been empty. I just assume my town has a good bit of coke users since wet shaving supplies are non-existant. :D

Anyway, I seem to fall into the "eh" category with PAL. Matt sent me a box awhile back and they didn't shave that great compared to the CVS stuff I normally use.

7. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

So, lots here on Pal, Gem and Treet blades - what about the spineless Feathers? What do you guys know about these? I picked some up for plugging straight into a Valet and intend to add a spine to one for a 1912.

Tell all!

8. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

After shaving with a 1912 and pella blades, I sometimes wonder to my self why I even use a DE anymore.

9. Jim Corbett

Jim Corbett Member

Second shave w/ an SE. The first was w/ a 1912 gold Gem ornate. Today I went w/ a much newer Gem. Not a Micromatic. It's all metal, silver in color w/ a flip or a push down to open top and a handle w/ a flared out bottom portion. Same type of Gem Presonna blade. A very nice and comfortable shave.

10. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Another great SE morning for me today. Same setup as yesterday: Gem Jr (military handle), Pal blade and uberlather (this time with some TSD Dreamsicle soap, Proraso Cream and glycerine). Another great shave. One question to guys that have been SE shaving for a while: how do you get right under you nose effectively?

Lovin' one edge...

11. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Got some Velobra Almond I'm going to try out with my 1912. Smells good!

12. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I just got some velobra menthol. Smells odd. Feels good and works well.

13. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Answer: very carefully!

Serious Answer: upstrokes. Very careful against the grain upstrokes.

14. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Yep, thought that was it - did it yesterday, but not today. What a difference.

15. Truckman

Truckman New Member

What gives? Quitter. :D
    No reply yet....
    Have not tried the Feather SE yet.

Today I shaved with a straight...tomorrow - first shave with a lather catcher! :happy088

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Too much work to add a spine for the SE in my opinion... do they work ok in the Valet?

VIVA LA REvOLUTION... I use a DE now and again.. but it is usually a OLD or Single Ring... something Open Comb.

That would be a G Bar sounds like. They do shave well. I think the 1912's are much better though.

VIVA LA LATHER CATCHER.. I will warn you it will change how you look at shaving.:D

As far as under the nose. I have grown my goatee back so do not shave there for now. However when i do not have the stach I think XTG under the nose works best,.. do not like making what the straight shaver guys call a "Fools pass".

17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I missed it so well post pad a bit.... ALMOND most anything is great. My second favorite scent I think.

18. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Here Fuzzy, these may help!

shaving cyclops glasses.jpg

:happy102

19. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

20. Truckman

Truckman New Member

We'll see, we'll see....

I love the "Fools Pass." Although I haven't dared try it with a straight yet. I've found I can got WTG/XTG/ATG on my mustache area and it comes out BBS every time!

For the WTG right under the nostrils, it's kind of an upside down J-hook where I'll get up under there the best I can at an angle and then swoop down into the WTG (blade parallel to the floor) while pulling my upper lip down tight over my top teeth....hope that makes some sense...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.