Is Talc Harmful To Health?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Garden Street USA, Apr 20, 2009.

1. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I personally wouldnt put deodorant on my man hardware. Johnson baby powder all the way. If you can put it on babys and not get sued, I'll the family legacy on it.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Correction to your correction; Johnson's Baby Powder and Gold Bond are corn starch. Those are the 2 biggest names in powder.

3. JayKay

J&Js my homeboy. Try the lavender. Silky smooth.

4. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

No, no, the majority of powders from those two lines use talc and the specialty ones use cornstarch.

Goldbond Yellow, Green and Blue are talc + addictives. The overlooked Beige is cornstarch.

Maybe I will use talc again - find it very messy and annoying, though.

5. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

:sihns011

6. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

I've googled Johnson's baby powder and unless their ingredient list has changed lately, all I find on the ingredient list is Talc, Fragrance.

7. ClubmanRob

ClubmanRob New Member

Kaveh is correct here. Except about talcum powder being messy and annoying. :D

8. boyextraordinare

Which talc is the thinnest - I want to buy some but I really hate how it makes the areas to which it's applied look lighter...

9. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

10. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

11. JayKay

I get the feeling that covering parts of your body in a white powder will tend to make them look lighter. Its the nature of the beast.

12. boyextraordinare

What's wrong with deodorant on the area?

I used talc then switched to this method, which I've found nice.

13. JayKay

Do what floats your boat. I personally dont think its sanitary. Nor would I wont to clog my pores down there.

14. boyextraordinare

BTW I found some unopened talc (plus the toiletries depicted) that has to be some 30 years old.

I love Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur too ;)

Attached Files:

15. boyextraordinare

Deod., not anti-pers.

J&J Lavender sounds pretty appealing too, though...

16. JayKay

Never smelled PC. I still just dont like the idea. Wouldnt want to breed super bacteria down there. If anything, use one of the spray types of crystal. the Lavender is smoother and clumpy than the regular for some reason.

17. ClubmanRob

ClubmanRob New Member

Get the flesh colored Pinaud Talc. They make two or three different shades of "flesh" toned. My dad, whose pretty dark skinned, uses the "sepia" whereas I use "pale as a ghost" white. :D

18. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

Gold Bond is addictive? Well, the government is sure to get involved, now.

19. boyextraordinare

Do they sell TanXtraordinare?

II.

How would I spread bacteria. Deod. is heavy on alcohol - plus my pits and jock are freshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh keddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

20. boyextraordinare

hhaah oops - although I do recall Gold Bond's being addictive in HS. The menthol blast of the Green bottle is pretty euphoric.