Hi Fidelity

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Will, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

No not the movie, I am going to try it.... shaving that is.

The razor will be a Merkur HD
    The brush will be a Kent BK4
    The aftershave will be....you guessed it Aqua Velva
    Haven't decided soap or cream yet (any suggestions???? HELP!)

The thing is I usually go a week with one rig, I want to see how long I can go with out changing.... Wish me luck, the battle begins next week (well after I try the samples of shave cream Tracy sent me). :cool:

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Oh man, I am sorry to hear that! ;) I could never do it. I struggle picking one razor/soap/as to pack when I travel for a weekend. Let us know how it goes!

3. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Good Luck Man, I could never do that. Will nearly 30 razors hanging on my razor racks my wife would be all over me asking why I bought all the other ones if I plan to only use one razor. The same would be true with the creams I keep in my mini fridge and the A/S & EDT in the medicine cabinets.

Got to switch each day just to justify my various ADs. Of course I enjoy switching daily too.

4. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

If you have Tabac I would suggest that. You cant go wrong with that soap as a regular every day soap.

5. Sugarbush gnome

Sugarbush gnome New Member

Damn, I thought this was going to be about old school stereo equipment.

Doc.

6. Me too.

Since it's pretty hot where you are, I'd go with Proraso green for a week.

7. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Proraso shave cream or soap would be a good choice.
    A blade in the HD would make a better shave. :D

8. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

I wish you the best of luck!

9. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I say Jeff gets to call the cream for ya !
    The Sultan of Snow should have some good recommendations !!!!

If its up to me:
    MoM's Subzero and follow up that AV splash with some Anherb ASC !!!

and get to 8K already, will ya ??!!
    I gots to git to bed

10. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

1000+

BBS everytime I use the Stick its a Winner, sometimes makes me think of throwing everything into a trashbin and just going with the Tabac Stick.

11. Will

Will Nevermind

12. Will

Will Nevermind

I am not much of a Proraso fan but Tabac sounds good so far.

13. TBoner

TBoner Member

Good luck with this. Very cool. I did five weeks last summer. I used Pre de Provence soap, which I don't recommend (it's a good soap, but for weeks on end? No thanks). Tabac is a great choice. Cella or Palmolive or Arko soaps are all worthy of consideration, too, IMO.

I look forward to following this adventure.

Regards,
    Tim

14. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I did go a full week with PdP and it was nice but its hard to use a product so long if you have SO MUCH other stuff! I would love to be able to use the same setup for a month! If I had a choice though I would have say if I had a soap to use for a long period it would probably be Palmolive stick.

15. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Irisch Moos stick.

And congrats on 8K! :happy088

16. Will

Will Nevermind

I made up my mind.................For now MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

See sig line. :cool:

Lavender to put a scent in the MWF or just a superlather kind of guy. I have never superlatherd MWF, I hope it works. It is AZ and summer is coming, I will need a balm.

17. Truckman

Truckman New Member

That's an understatement! About 5 times a day! :happy102 :happy102

Have you tried the L'Oreal Men's Expert A/S Balm? It's got sunscreen in it - SPF 15 - and was very soothing. Before I found the Light, when I was using canned goo and multi-bladed cartridges, I found this to be the best in healing my face up.... not that you'll need it for that, but I thought the sunscreen was a nice touch...

18. Will

Will Nevermind

Modified a little, did not like the shave w/ TOBS and the balm is not needed yet. Thanks Matt, I will check out the balm when the time comes.

19. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

Hi Infidelity. REO baby.