Group 1 Scales

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by Bill, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

One of my customers gets his choice of three of these sets of scales that I finished up today for razors that he recently sent me.

[vbpg]155[/vbpg]

Oh... these are a choice too.... These are actually the middle set of the back row on the first pic which was taken before I was finished with them. Check out my gallery for more views

[vbpg]156[/vbpg]

2. coolsimon

coolsimon New Member

Nice...

Hey Bill, having been thoroughly clipped on the ear now...lol...just kidding, I have a question..How long does it take you to cut and complete a set of scales...the only reason I ask is for curiosity and I enjoy looking at the work you do...hope you dont mind.

regards,simon

3. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Very nice. I bet you could do a nice business just selling the scales.

4. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

In general, I can slice 'n dice, profile, and rough sand to 320 grit in less than an hour. Depending on where I take them from there is where the real time is. Some sets have over 5 hours in them.

5. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

I do sell a few from time to time. They are here.

I may put some rough sets together at a more affordable price for those who don't mind finishing them. That is if there is any interest shown...

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I saw those before. Drooled of course. :D To me a fine wood piece is true a work of art. If I had my choice, I'd have a house full of fine wood objects. But alas, animals and kids do not treat wood kindly.

7. C utz

C utz New Member

Hey Bill,

Those scales look great!!

How about offering up just the blank sections of wood?
    (1.5" x 1/8" x 6-7")

I have the hardest time finding wood that I can use, because I don't have the tools to trim it down to size!

C utz

8. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Thanks, Chris. I'll see what I can come up with regarding some wood blanks for scales. Gotta finish some other stuff first, though.