Kiss My Face Lavender

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by jbcohen, May 3, 2009.

1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I bought myself a small tube of Kiss MY Face Lavender last week and let me tell you I am very impressed with the product and I am getting the best shaves of my life with it. I have some CO Bigilow in the cabinet, but have not opened it up yet, will do so when I finish the Kiss My Face. I almost bought the Cool Mint version, but that one reminded me too much of toothpaste :happy102.

2. omegapd

omegapd New Member

I've got a tube of their Patchouli I'll try next week sometime in the New thread. Looks like good stuff.

3. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I have both the Lavender and the Cool Mint that I use in rotation with CO Bigelow, Williams and VDH Soaps. I love the KMF Cool Mint! I find it to almost have more of a cooling sensation on my face than the CO Bigelow! I'm not too fond of the KMF Lavender, but I'm not big on lavender. Both KMF creams are wonderful though!

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

What's the Patchouli like?

5. toxicbumps

toxicbumps New Member

Not sure what patchouli smells like. I went with Kiss My Face Vanilla, Lavender, and unscented. Though I've only tried the lavender, I know that I love the stuff.

6. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

KMF Vanilla that sounds great.

7. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Finally tried the Patchouli- it's pretty good stuff and lathers like no tomorrow. The scent is also much stronger than what you've described in the Lavender version. Good value. I actually went with the pump version since it was as cheap as the tubed version and you got double the amount of so. It loads up extremely thick with two pumps into the brush. I'll settle with one pump from now on...;)

8. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

KMF is a real decent budget cream. Lathers up nicely and shaves well. The scents are very mild and all but dissipate in the bowl anyway so no biggie there. I have the lime and enjoy using it every now and then.

9. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I had the patchouli and it smelled great and worked fine but something about that type cream turns me off? Em's SC was like that. Lathers like crazy but just wasnt for me? I would recommend though!

10. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

KMF always make great lather for me. I like the cool mint, lime and peach scents. As always wont touch lavender or patchouli.

11. Quest

Quest New Member

You guys have got me curious I think I will have to acquire me some.Does the minty one tingle?

12. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Another KMF fan checking in. My sense of smell is marginal, which makes these creams essentially all "scent free"; but, my wife likes the vanilla. In terms of performance: very good. When you add the value component, based on 11oz pumps for $6-7 (depending on location), it becomes a true winner. Finally, KMF plus just about any soap, including really cheap ones, really marginal ones, and even plain glycerin (non-shaving) soaps = wonderful superlather.

13. RnR

RnR Member

Yeah - the KMF gets me so close to what I had been hoping for in performance that I can only dream about what the Noxzema Lather must have been like... when you could get it; but I'm definitely too late to that party. My local Kroger grocery store has the best price I've been able to find (for the fragrance free variety/11 oz. size at $6)

Mmmm, the cool mint edition is now on my target list... Definitely looking forward to trying it!

14. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I have a tub of Kent that I have not tried as yet but seems that its going to beat out Kiss My Face in terms of being my go to cream.

15. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

KMF vs JM Frasers

Can anyone compare KMF vs JM Frasers shave cream?

16. omegapd

omegapd New Member

I tried the Fraser's Oriental Spice. Hated the scent but the performance was very good. They're right on par with each other, though. Maybe I give a slight nod to Frasers...

17. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Thanks Eric. The Frasers original is my favorite, and it's the best value of all their offerings I have tried, though I am curious how the new mosswood cream is.

18. rainman

rainman New Member

KMF mint is great. Very refreshing.

19. Quest

Quest New Member

Just tried the KMF mint me like I want more creams! dang here I go again :D