Arko stick MINI group buy-CLOSED.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by 1969Fatboy, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I was blessed with a sample of Arko from Eric-Omegapd and I am still amazed how well this stuff works! This will be in my top 3 soaps. I actually love the scent which reminds me of Williams and Ivory. Anyways......i want to order quite a few but really would save with the more I order. I did a test run for 20 sticks and it was approx $36 shipped. Shipping is $11 regardless if I get 10 or 20 so I would rather pass the savings on. I should be able to ship 5 or less sticks 1st class($3) to others. I dont want to do a "group buy" since they arent fun and get a bit confusing. I just want to pass some savings on:) I am estimating the final cost to you $2 a stick shipped(75g) and that is a hell of a deal! Please pm if you might want to go in on it. For that price....what the hell! The performance of this stuff is incredible!

List so far:
    Silverfox-3
    Pezspencer-3
    Makays-1
    Etoyoc-3
    Rodd-2
    Truckman-2
    Cogito-2
    Unclestu-2
    GeNr- 2
    Me- 4

I ordered 24.

2. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Wow, Shawn, you have just now tried Arko?

For anybody unfamiliar with Arko, there are two things you should know - 1) The smell is nothing to write home about. To me, it smells like Ivory soap. I don't mind it, because that is the only soap my wife can use, so I use it all the time. Some don't like the smell, but honestly, it is not that bad. 2) The lather is incredible. You know how people talk about Williams in terms of, "hey, for ~$2, it isn't bad." Well, with Arko, when you lather it, you'll be saying, "holy crap, only $2 for this?" It definitely delivers on the lather. And $2 a stick? I really don't see a downside to getting in on this.

3. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Thanks for making these available Shawn! I haven't tried it yet!

4. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I just tried it yesterday. Good stuff, PM sent.

5. cogito

cogito New Member

I am interested, pm me if they become available!

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Shawn is asking that people PM him to let him know they are interested. Easier to keep up with when the thread gets busy.:cool:

7. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Got quite a bit of interest and giving a few days to catch interest. Basically the more people and sticks wanted the cheaper it will be for everyone. Shipping to me is $11 period. So the more ordered the cheaper per unit and basically you pay shipping to you but still equals out to be cheap as hell and as Mike said.....this blows away Williams. the lather is amazing and performance is incredible. A bit softer than some other tallow based sticks but who gives a rats ass? It works and is cheap as hell! Will give it through Monday evening before final tally. Average shipping cost will be approx $3-$4 b/c first class shipping and bubble mailer.

disclaimer: most of ya'll know me but FYI, I am not making profit on this and only passing savings on at my/our cost:)

8. UncleStu

UncleStu Member

I'd like a couple of sticks to try out, deal me in.

9. omegapd

omegapd New Member

I'm glad I ordered more before they run out on Monday. :D

10. makays

makays New Member

Arko Shave Stick

Sounds like an interesting soap. I'll send PM.

11. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I went ahead an ordered 2 dozen sticks. Total cost came out to $1.70 a stick. When they arrive I will PM you with payment info. As I mentioned shipping will be inexpensive being that they are going out 1st class. I still have some available so let me know how any you want:)
    My estimates for total cost shipped to you:
    1 stick $3.75
    2 sticks $5.50
    3 sticks $7.50
    and so on...... I am probably not using bubble mailers to save that cost as well. I will use heavy duty photo envelopes with the sticks wrapped in bubble wrap.

12. silverfox

silverfox New Member

I will take three!

Thanks,
    Jim

13. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I am going to close this. I am still waiting on confirmation from a few folks but more than likely will have some extras after distribution. I will let everyone know exact cost when I package them up. I will consider shipping, size of order, and paypal fees but still will be very cheap. Post #11 is about as close as I can get to estimates right now but didnt take into consideration paypal fees either. If you choose to opt out please pm me ASAP. If you interested in the sticks please pm me and should be able to take care of your needs. Thanks everyone! I am expecting the shipment by next Thursday also if not sooner:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.