Hooks by the Sink

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Special_K, May 12, 2009.

1. Special_K

Special_K New Member

Have a question for you straight guys....I recently moved into a new home and in the bathroom on a wall by the sink there are two hooks....i have been wondering what they were used for but then the other day it dawned on me....hooks for the strops!!!

Am i correct in this is how you guys would be set up?

It took me awhile since I have only done the SE/DE razors.

2. erictski

erictski Member

pictures may be in order :)

3. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Just make sure the strop stays free of heavy moisture!

4. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Yeah, HOW close to the sink would be my concern. I have my strop attached to some shelves away from the sink, and that seems to work out fine.

5. fritz

fritz New Member

I hang my strops on little cup hooks screwed to the inside of one of the towel cabinet doors, and only hang one on the wall-mounted hook when I need to use it. This way, they are out of sight, away from moisture and yet convenient.

6. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

When I moved into my home many years ago there was a hole in the wall that looked like there was something screwed into it. At the time I was still shaving with those awful electric razors so it never really dawned on me why they were there. It wasn't until last week-end when I looked at the hook that my wife stuck over the holes that the screws probably held a hook that attached to a hangining strop. Personally my strop is on my padle strop with the hone so I have no need for the holes, but its nice to realize what those holes were from.

7. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

PICTURES!!!

8. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Yes, Pics Please!!!

9. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Hot damn! Pictures please! I heard you werent even shaving with a st8 but I heard that from Beavis. Pics Please! Secret Govt Store also. I have a bet with a buddy about the fed store. If you DONT get pics then i get $20. He gets beer at a naval base for cheap and tax free and on sunday! we cant buy beer on sundays in GA. He thinks the fed store is BS. I told him he was full of it. He says that it would be a waste of $$$ to have such a store for fed employees unless it was a gift store. he is an ex Nam guy though. He as well as I dropped alot of acid in the day. anyone that can get beer for cheap on sundays is good for me. Pics please!

10. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Can't ten years ago when we moved in we covered the strop spot with a hook that my Mrs bought from Bed, Bath and Beyond. She would shreek if I took the hook off again, so I will probably let it be. However the hook that she put there is prety good for holding a strop, although I got to be careful since the hook is a bit on the flimsy side and can be pulled off easily. Will see about a photo, however I do not think that it would make much difference seeing as how my Mrs covered the spot with a hook.

11. BrushAndBlade

BrushAndBlade New Member

Hooks for the straight guys?
    Is there a subtext here?

12. Special_K

Special_K New Member

got more response here than the newbie pif

here, here

May26_2009002.jpg