Marvy

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by gman41, Jun 2, 2009.

1. gman41

gman41 Member

Marvy has got to be the cheapest, junkiest line I have ever seen in a store. They have a brush for about 1.89, has about as much hair as a newborn baby does. They have a neck sweeper for barbers which I have seen that is eqaully poor. Does anyone know if they have a higher end or better line.

2. omegapd

omegapd New Member

I've never seen one in person. There are some on E-bay but they are usually the cheapest brushes for sale there too.

3. UncleStu

UncleStu Member

Some of the Marvy brushes seem to be el cheepos from the lowest bidder. But a few look like(at least on internet photos) they were made by Omega. They're priced like Omegas too. Are those just better looking junk, or made by Omega?:confused: I dunno- but you can bet on one thing, Marvy doesn't make brushes.;)

4. ClubmanRob

ClubmanRob New Member

Marvy has an Indian company make a lot of their brushes, which are the cheap plastic synthetics you see on Ebay and at Sally's. Some of the higher end brushes are made by their competitors and re-branded using the Marvy name. Most of these re-brands are factory seconds that are purchased as salvaged goods. Sometimes it's nice if you want a cheap Omega or Kent that is maybe dinged, chipped or some of the hair is uneven, but otherwise costs less than half of the real thing. All they do is slap a "Marvy" sticker on it which is pretty easy to peel off.

5. APC

APC Member

I bought an Omega Professional 10098 from an Ebay beauty/barber supply store that listed it as a Marvy, but everything said Omega in the ad. I only paid $12.98 plus $2.98 shipping. When I got it all I had to do was peel off the little Marvy sticker and break it in. It did not appear to have any defects. It's a real Omega and a great performer with soap and cream.