The Haul: June 15th - June 21st, 2009

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by HBK42581, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Truckman

Truckman New Member

no, no...Lea/Bea is fine for me....it's the La Toja that irritated me..

2. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Jeremy,

What does calendula smell like? Is the scent very strong in the TOM's stuff?

Thanks,

EW

3. Hiya,

I finally got around to trying the Irish Moos this morning. Sheeeesh, I blame all you guys for constantly talking about the stuff......heh.. I just got the stick yesterday and tried it this morning. It performed really well, and the scent will hopefully grow on me. Heh, at least I can use this soap, unlike the Tabac. That product smells like dead things to me.....

I also stopped in and looked around an antique store today, and found a tiny gem amongst the few lackluster DE razors being offered. Yeah, there happened to be a shick injector in one display case, and that one I bought. This is a NIB 'N' type, with the long gold metal/plastic handle. That was worth stopping for. Heh, the only problem is that I'll never use the thing.........it's too perfect. Yeah, I have a couple other razors in that kind of condition, and I just can't bring myself to use em...........heh. The heck is that all about?

Anyway, both purchases worked out well.
    Martin

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Direct from Germany!

2x Rilanja-SC tubes
    1x Calani-Highland Honey SS
    1x Calani-Cadre Noir SS

5. Teiste

Teiste New Member

My friend,how does these Calani shaving soaps works for you?I have seen their webpage(translated with google)and they seen really interesting.

6. crackstar

I have no idea, mi caro amigo, I never even heard of them until today. A friend of mine in Germany bought some, and he insisted I try a couple, so he sent them to me. They both smell very nice, but I have no idea about anything else. By the end of this week, I'll begin with them. :)

7. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Tell me how they work for you Jeff.I heard that theyre good.

8. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

It smells like Florena to me IMO. Honeysuckle is it? OK but I wouldnt buy it again. I have the TOM mint only and sold off the calendula. JB....feel free to chime in on your opinion of it.

9. Corey

Corey Member

Today was an unexpectedly good haul, courtesy of Bath and Body Works and some excellent sales.

First, C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream (large tubes), buy one get one. So naturally I got four. :D

[​IMG]

I love the Rose Water Tonic stuff, but at $15 a bottle, it ain't cheap. Until today. At $3.50 each, I picked up 8 for about the cost of two bottles. Also got some Burberry cologne and a great price elsewhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Don't know quite yet Eric. I had to get up to a grocer yesturday afternoon, it was the same grocer where I bought the Kiss My Face some time ago. So, since forum members have advised me that Tom's of Main will no longer make their shave cream I bought up a tube, even though I have a stockpile waiting for me. I will let you know when I get to it, but that may be a while.

11. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Thanks. Whenever you try it out, please let me know. Thank you also 1969fatboy for the response also. Have you picked up any hard to find shave creams lately to sell?

12. crackstar

Finally some more stuff that I bought to use for my own pleasure!

2x Gada Cool Mint-SC tubes
    2x Gada Original-SC tubes.

Attached Files:

13. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Antique store finds today...

1918 (I believe due to the Serial #) Old Type (not visible are 2 teeny-tiny cracks on the handle)

View attachment 10834

View attachment 10835

1912 Gem

View attachment 10836

View attachment 10837

Valet Autostrop

View attachment 10838

View attachment 10839

1966 L2 Gillette Travel Tech, I believe to be NOS - note the cardboard where the blade should be, and the blade pack is marked "1" and is still wrapped in cellophane...

View attachment 10840

View attachment 10841

14. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Jeff,from what country is Gada?

15. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Truckman,that 1912 looks FANTASTIC!Please take a pic of it when you clean it.:D

16. Truckman

Truckman New Member

It actually looks quite good already, the pics didn't come out well. I'll clean it and try to get better pics of it...

17. heirkb

heirkb New Member

I recently got a tube of Speick cream and a tube of Proraso Red from a very generous member here. Thanks Greg!!
    Just got a puck of Arlington today in trade for my TOBS avocado (that stuff just never worked for me).

18. Special_K

Special_K New Member

Sweet score , Matt. The detailing on that old type box is cool and a valet autostrop withe the actual strop in there. Nice

19. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

great find truckman.

20. Baron

Baron New Member

No pics yet cause I'm at work... but here's what came in the mail yesterday:

Penhaligon's English Fern soap
    Rooney 1/1 in ebony
    Mama Bear's rosewood
    New Alum block

First shave with the Rooney this morning... Wonderful brush :) Perfect for my face lathering. Handle's not too bad, I was debating the 3/1 due to the handle difference.