The Haul: June 15th - June 21st, 2009

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by HBK42581, Jun 15, 2009.

1. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Baron,

That sounds like a great present from the postman. ;) The English Fern is on my "to try" list for one of these days...

2. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Eric send me your snail mail. I'll send you enough for a few shaves, but you know they are going tallowless now.

3. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

You know a bit about PCs superbleu, I noticed you used the term snail mail. In stead of saying "I'll mail it to you" I say "Snail it right away."

4. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Snail mail => less typing. I'm lazy. :rofl

5. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Sometimes I simply say I'll snail it. Shorter lazier.

6. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Thank you sir. I'll send ya a message on FaceBook.

EW

7. Baron

Baron New Member

yep... that's why I grabbed mine now... first ingredient :)

8. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

finally a gardenset

Longtime without a gardenset here so the last few summers I was spending inside the house. Since I know ill be changing the Garden to a Japanese garden found a set that will look nice in the theme the table looks like a lantern itself. the black nature stone pieces are polished. each stone weighs a ton. table wont go anywhere in a storm.

next up my certification came in followed a course to be a (Top) Athletes consultant on Orthomoleculair basis. learned some pretty interesting things about diet versus severe training with added supplementation .

and today came in the P90X extreme fitness workout package.

Attached Files:

9. Hiya,

Today I was driving by an antique store I'd been to a few months ago, and figured I'd stop in quickly. Last time I was lucky enough to find a very lovely late 40's Aristocrat with the box and blade holder, which ran me........well, it was VERY reasonable. Heh, the problem is that it's too nice to shave with(near mint). I do look at it from time to time.........

Anyway, this store has a bunch of drawers with different stuff in em. You know, things like lighters, knives, buttons...that sorta stuff. There's also one for 'barbershop' items, and it held some razors just couldn't use. Some straights, a few SE types, a couple Techs in fair shape, a few travel sets, etc.

However, there was a gold razor in a display case, mixed in with other unrelated items and sorta peeking out winking at me. It was another late 40's Aristocrat, of all things. This one was nestled in it's correct box, with the blade holder there as well.

I looked the razor over, and found that everything seemed ok. There were a few scuffs on the head, but no plating loss. Doors worked without a problem, although one of em is just a tad lazy. It closes up tight and even though, and the blade alignment seems fine. Heh, this razor had one of those old Gillette blue/black blades still in it.

What sealed the deal was the lack of a notch on this Aristocrat......never seen one of those before. Yeah, I'd read about em in the past, but hadn't held one in person. I knew it was only made for a short time, so I knew I'd probably get this thing.

Heh, the prices had gone up since I was in last, but it was still reasonable. I got home later and soaked the razor in hot water and Dawn for a while, then used scrubbing bubbles to finish off. Those few 'scuffs' were made of soap scum and dirt, and the razor is in near mint condition. No plating loss in the least, with just a few faint scratches on the head. The handle in in excellent shape. So now I have a 1946-47 model to try out....probably tomorrow. I fully intend to get a very mediocre shave, since I normally have no luck with any sort of Aristocrat or Diplomat types. They're usually just too much for my face, although I love the way those things look and feel in my hand.

Anyway, just my lucky day,
    Martin

10. Special_K

Special_K New Member

Nice find Martin!

11. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Good find!Those Aristocrats and Diplomats are beauty's(as well as the british Aristocrats)

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

BOUBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was ist los mit Dir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

Nice buys, Heart Break Keddddd!

Tell me how that small Simpson brush is...

And how cold Dettol is in contrast to other menthols...

14. HBK42581

HBK42581 Member

I will be able to answer BOTH of those questions for you on Monday morning, sir. I have to admit, I didn't know the WEE Scot was going to be THAT small but as long as it performs well (which I have read that it does) it will turn out to be a great travel brush and will probably make it into my daily rotation as well. As far as the Dettol goes, I don't think this particular tube is mentholated. As far as I know, there are two types of Dettol: Dettol Cool and Dettol Fresh Fragrance. Mine is the latter.

15. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I spent a few days in London this week, so grabbed the following:

Boots Shaving Soap Bowl
    Boots Cool Cologne lather Shave Cream
    Boots Shave Stick
    Palmolive Shave Stick
    Ingram Shaving Cream
    Boots Styptic Pencil

Attached Files:

16. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

My longstanding goal for cell phones has been to be able to get cell calls at my desk, I work in a bermuda triangle for cell signals, nothing gets in or out. So I upgraded from a Virgin Mobile Arc to a brand new Mantra and tried out the new cell this morning. The Arc was able to get cell signals up to three cubicals away from my desk while the newer mantra can get signals outside my cube, not yet at the desk but outside the cube. Hopefully the next model wil be able to get signals at my desk.

17. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Good haul Sabre.I used to shave with Boots shavesticks while I was in England but a member told me that Boots have reformulated them.Tell me how is works that shavestick for you.Thanks man

18. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Well I am back in London next week, I will pick one or two up and ship it to you if you send something Iberian back :D

19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

And another Haul!

Once again the Hauls pour in! :D

2x Don-SC tubes
    2x Rilanja-SC tubes
    1x Irisch Moos-Stick
    1x Calani Cadre Noir-SS

From a fine gentleman at Gut Rasiert! :)

20. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Jeff,do you have a wet shaving store?how BIG is your bath man?:D:DPlease,tell me how you like the Calani soap.