Complete Collection of the Gillette Blade

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by shaved_*****, Jun 18, 2009.

1. ctakim

ctakim Member

This is a great thing to be doing. Hey, I have to ask, was this thread chased off of B&B for some reason?:confused:

2. shaved_*****

shaved_***** New Member

Yes, for some reason the B&B admin decided to take the thread down and ban me.

3. cfriend

cfriend New Member

I'm in :)

4. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

5. shaved_*****

shaved_***** New Member

I pmed a bunch of members (~50) who replied to the thread about the books. With that I was violating some TOU rule. While I would think it to be a slap on the had offense, they permanently banned me and took down my thread.

6. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

So did they tell you which rule and where to find the TOU? It seems a bit extreme to me, I think you had the best of intentions. By the way another member posted a thread asking the above, after about 6 replies, it was posted that there was a violation of the TOU, full stop, thread locked.

7. luvmysuper

luvmysuper New Member

Glad to see your alive and well shaved. I wonder if The Shave Den wonders why they got a sudden membership bump.

8. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

#1 - what an awesome find!

#2 - wow, banned for this? *shakes head in disbelief*

9. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Wow... its like we stepped back to February. Glad to have any of you refugees who want to stick around.

10. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

:sihns011

11. shaved_*****

shaved_***** New Member

http://www.badgerandblade.com/index.php?page=terms

4. Private Messages (PM's) are not to be used for sales, marketing, promotions, group recruitment, or solicitation of services. Basically, don't spam or annoy folks via PM.

12. pablo_h

pablo_h New Member

Wow, you were banned?
    It wasn't unsolicited PMs.

Then again, you asked if anyone was interested (without mentioning prices, the same as you did here first off), then later on mentioned the price in PMs, I'm sure you upset someone, (no I didn't expect this for free, I'm not an idiot and why would you do it for free, it's great stuff worth paying for).

So for going from disussion, to PMing with a price I suppose there's some rule there you broke :rolleyes:

13. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

This is a truly awesome collection!

What is the date range of these 66 editions?

Great project.

14. shaved_*****

shaved_***** New Member

1918-1928

15. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

1918-1928 Ahh, I see. Thank you. I thought perhaps there were 66 of the bound volumes that you had. However, I now understand that multiple issues were bound into one volume. That does cover a nice slice of Gillette history.

It must be wonderful to be able to flip through the pages and read at your leisure. The colors look fabulous. I will trade you a mint superspeed in a case for them!! :o

16. shaved_*****

shaved_***** New Member

With blade dispenser and instructions?

17. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

This is a wonderful access.
    Paypal sent
    Thank you
    Tom

18. heffman73

heffman73 New Member

what an amazing opportunity for those of us who would otherwise not ever see this wonderful piece of history.

shaved I thank you.

Payment sent.

Dave

19. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

Very cool!! I did not know these existed.

20. riffin

riffin Active Member

This absolutely fantastic! Count me in -- Paypal on the way...

So the charge is for access to the web site with these goodies? In the future will it be possible to get them on a CD-ROM? Also is a subscription considered a service in Paypal (does it really matter?)