New Fitjar Shave Creams

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by fisherc, Jun 23, 2009.

1. fisherc

fisherc New Member

Gents:

Jorunn at Fitjar Soaps of Norway (http://www.fitjarsoap.no) has recently sent me samples of a new shave cream formula. There are three products within this new offering each of which use organic cold pressed coconut oil vs. refined coconut oil (what Jorunn has used for previous formulae). One formula called Pure Coconut is based exclusively on this new ingredient and the other two (Wild Thing Well Bred and Bee My Honey) use a blend of this organic cold pressed coconut oil and organic cold pressed shea butter (similar to her current Shea Pleasure formula). Wild Thing Well Bred also uses a new EO scent blend made of Oakmoss, Sandalwood and Amber. And Bee My Honey uses Honey and Beeswax Absolu (imparting a mild honey fragrance but added mostly for skin care benefits).

I've had a chance to use all three of these for multiple shaves and I must say that these are all excellent products and IMO better than her other formula.

By using organic cold pressed ingredients (both the coconut oil and the shea) one gets the true skin care benefits of these ingredients. It's analogous to food in that processed food is not nearly as nutritious as organic unrefined whole food.

All three of these deliver a fantastic shave with a fantastic post shave skin care benefit. Both the Bee My Honey and the Pure Coconut are lightly fragranced to almost fragrance free so don't expect much in the olfactive dept but from a shave efficacy and a post shave skin care perspective both are fantastic. And Wild Thing Well Bred will appeal to anyone who likes deep, woody, earthy, and yet refined classic men's fragrances. I think this one in particular is the best combination of olfactive benefits with efficacy and post shave skin care in a single shave cream product.

I am a big fan of what Jorunn is doing with shave creams because the quality of ingredients is umantched by anything I have ever used and the efficacy of the product is as good as or better than anything I have ever used. This combined with some great EO scent blends makes for one of the best shave creams I am aware of.

She also has a new moisturizer using the same organic cold presssed coconut oil and organic cold pressed shea butter that is out of this world as a post shave moisturizer and quite honestly all over body moisturizer.

Check 'em out.

Chris

2. JimR

JimR Active Member

Thanks for this Chris...Fitjar is on the Birthday list, and now I'm glad I've been waiting.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I hear more and more about this Fitjar stuff--it starts to sound interesting.

4. Teiste

Teiste New Member

have you tried their soaps?Jorum contacted me a couple weeks ago and Im still waiting for her response about shaving soaps samples,but now that Im reading about the creams maybe Ill go for the creams instead.The price is cheap for the quality that I see that those creams has.

5. rbaloha

rbaloha Member

Thanks for the info. The Bee My Honey Cream looks interesting. Any idea what it costs shipped to US?

6. fisherc

fisherc New Member

Her hard soaps are good but the creams are in a class all by themselves. The cost of a tub of cream shipped to the USA runs about $25-$30.

Chris

7. riffin

riffin Active Member

"Unmantched?" Wonderful typo! I'll place an order very soon...

8. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I have received a email from Jorunn this evening.Shes so nice to deal with.She wrote me the ingredients of the soaps and the creams:
    Shaving soap ingredients:

Aqua, glycerine, sodium stearate, propylene glycol, sorbitol, sodium laurate, presea gratissima (avocado) oil, sodium laurate sulphate, sodium lauryl sulphate, sodium chloride, stearic acid, lauric acid, pentasodium pentetate, tetrasodium etidronate, allantoin.

Shaving cream ingredients:

Aqua, stearic acid, cocus nucifera, potassium hydroxide, glycerin, olea europea (olive) oil, sodium hydroxide,essential oils.

As you have pointed it seems that the creams are a little much better than the soap.Im just dont like SLS on soaps so I will go for the creams instead.
    Thanks for the comments about the creams and the soaps.

9. fisherc

fisherc New Member

The cream deck you have listed is the "old" scented formula. The Shea Pleasure and the three new creams use organic cold pressed coconut oil vs refined coconut oil as well as cold pressed organic shea butter. The "old" formula is good but these three new ones are even better!!!

Chris

10. Teiste

Teiste New Member

does the cold pressed coconut oil makes a richer and thicker lather?

11. fisherc

fisherc New Member

Yes. Plus it is very moisturizing to the skin. This cream is the only one I have ever used where I can confidently say a post shave moisturization product of some type is not necessary.

Chris

12. Teiste

Teiste New Member

ok,Im sold now,Im gonna get those creams.Thanks Chris!

13. Kurt

Kurt Member

Not Impressed

I had a chance to sample these creams and I was not impressed! I gave a few out to some co-workers and they had the same impression. I think there are far better options out there.

Best

14. JimR

JimR Active Member

Well, I'm glad to hear there are better options. What are they, in your opinion?
    Could you also be more specific in your complaints? What were the problems you and your coworkers found?

15. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

These sound like quality, natural products & i am looking forward to placing an order.

16. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

I have the honey & the wild coming across the pond...

17. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

I just shaved with "bee my honey" for the first time.

This is an EXCELLENT shave cream. Nuff said :D

18. ClubmanRob

ClubmanRob New Member

I got a big sampler pack from Jorunn earlier this year (of soap). In my honest opinion, she is probably the finest artisan soapmaker around. I have not tried her creams yet, but trust me; if they're anything close to her soaps then they can't be beat.

I, too, am curious as to which creams you and your co-workers sampled and why they were inferior to your other choices. Please enlighten us.

19. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

I have also just shaved with "Wild Thing Well Bred" incredible!

20. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

I too would like to hear about the better options.

After shaving with DE for over 20 years I have yet to be so impressed with a product after the first shave as these creams. It does not only last for the first shave either.