The Haul: June 29th - July 5th, 2009

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Jun 29, 2009.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Happy Independence Day to all our friends in the USA! It's definitely summer time! So hot in the South! Time for that menthol stuff, folks! Post up the goodies, and thanks for the great pics.

2. Justin Low

Justin Low Member

[​IMG]

I look forward to layering these two with the EDT. :D

3. Teiste

Teiste New Member

The TSD shavestick

This shavestick arrived this morning.I wasnt gonna shave after my "bloody sunday" with the Kent/MWF but this beauty made me change my mind.I only hope that JoAnna could find a better deal with the soap stick containers and make these shavesticks again.As I have said in other thread the Iced SubZero smells great.GRACIAS!

Attached Files:

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Cool! Hope you enjoy it, Teiste!

I have an idea that I'll be looking into for shave sticks.

5. Padron

Padron Active Member

Nikon 60mm Micro F2.8 AF-D :cool:

Happy times :happy005

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

great! Looking forward to seeing the pics you take with it ;)

7. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I have hard a lot of great things about Nikon cameras expecially the DSLR models.

8. xChris

xChris Member

Indeed. I'm with Klaus, looking forward to the photos. :D

9. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Some of the PC magazines that I read think the world of Nikon's DSLR models.

10. Moe

Moe Active Member

Just now getting some pictures.

• Rooney 3/1 in Best, purchased from CloseShaver
    • A vintage Simpson Best Badger Handle re-knotted with a GN 22mm SIlver tip.

BAD is starting to subside,,,,, but symptoms have not completely gone away, I feel a setback in my recovery is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, probable :D

IMG_1387.jpg

11. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Those are really beautiful brushes!!!

12. Corey

Corey Member

Today's haul is a real treat.

First, a 1973 Stick Schick Injector... and yes, that is designed by Schick to look like a stick shift.
    [​IMG]

I also got my order from Grandpa's.
    [​IMG]

13. Teiste

Teiste New Member

wow Corey that Schick has a neat design man!Never seen one like that before:eek:

14. Special_K

Special_K New Member

Where'd you pick up the Schick injector, Corey?

15. Corey

Corey Member

If I'm reading what little I've found on it, it was only produced in 1973 as a promotional type item. I actually randomly stumbled across the ad online and found three on eBay (and ended up with 2 of them through dumb luck).

Here's the ad that got me hot on the trail:
    [​IMG]

16. Corey

Corey Member

eBay, of all places, and at an excellent price. There were three ending at roughly the same time, and with my luck, they were ending while I was at work. I did a lowball bid on two of them and a decent bid on the third. Surprisingly, I won two of the three, and the decent bid wasn't among them. I shaved with it tonight and it's a really excellent little razor. It's light, but incredibly smooth.

17. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Yeah,Definitely I learn something new each day.

18. Special_K

Special_K New Member

Nice haul! You said it was light so is the gear head made of plastic?

19. Corey

Corey Member

Yes, the gear knob and the handle are made of plastic. The gear knob looks a lot bigger in pictures than it does in real life. It's a little bit lighter than an aluminum Tech, with a longer handle. In spite of the light weight (or perhaps because of it), it's got excellent balance to it.

20. omegapd

omegapd New Member

you'll love the Grandpa's, Corey...

Had a great haul of a week myself but can't get the pic uploaded on my other computer and can't find the software to set it up on this one. Anyway:

a handmade shaving mug from an antique store
    Some more KMF creams :)
    my TSD Contest order (Thanks J!) Wheat Iced Lemongrass cream, Anise scented regular cream and two pucks of Susie's Root Beer scented soap.
    a book on soap making
    Leisureguy's Book on shaving (Thanks Phil-gunner777)
    one more VDH brush for my travel bag
    and a pile of home made soaps from friends and sellers in the town I was vacationing at.