Aluminiun Aristocrat Value

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by antdad1969, Jul 1, 2009.

1. antdad1969

antdad1969 New Member

I haven't been a frequenter of this site but a member from across the street recommended I try you guys. I would like a considered view on the value of this razor as I am looking to sell. The razor is not mint but in excellent condition. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. wow what a beauty i like that razor, let me know how much you would want to sell it for

Regards

Willy

3. Teiste

Teiste New Member

My friend,you have a jewel there and you can ask some good money for it or being generous(and kind of crazy too!) and PIFit to other members here...:D!

4. Truckman

Truckman New Member

If you're looking to get max value, I'd suggest putting it on eBay and let the collectors fight over it. If you want to sell it on the forums, search eBay for the same model and see what prices they sold for, search the forums for the same and see what prices they sold for, then come to a reasonable price that won't gouge members of the forums and ensures you're getting a fair reasonable price.

Me, I wouldn't pay more than $25.

5. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

For that razor in aluminum, I don't think you would have much of a problem finding a buyer at $300. They are quite rare in Aluminum.

6. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

No doubt they are less common than the heavy's, but are they worth more? Perhaps to a collector looking for that last puzzle piece, but as shavers I don't think so.

7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Agreed, as a shaver I would think it would be worth less, but I also don't think the high bidder on a razor like this would be buying it as a daily shaver. I think it is of most value to a colector who needs in their collection.

8. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Good point. I say put it up on eBay and let's see what it's worth.

9. Teiste

Teiste New Member

That one is gonna reach at least 100 euros,....

10. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

I agree with Rodd...
    The Aluminum versions of that particular razor are quite rare and more valuable to a collector. I know that Achim (Mr. Razor) has a collection most are envy of as we use his site for knowledge and database, but even Achim still doesn't have one in his collection. Hope that helps and good luck!

11. mr-razor

mr-razor Well-Known Member

Now I have one in my collection :D

12. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Awesome! Is it this one? Congratulations!

13. texbilly

texbilly New Member

Gents,

I have to disagree with some of the comments here. As much as I adore (can I say that here?) my "standard" #66s, I can easily imagine its Al-handled brother being a great shaver when I consider its certain head-heavy balance. For those who have one, think Aristocrat Jr. - basically a Rocket with added weight at the head. With my Junior, I simply let gravity do its job! I don't think it's a stretch to imagine the rare Al-handled #66 would perform with similar results.

Now all I have to do is find one to back up my claim. ;)

14. mr-razor

mr-razor Well-Known Member

thanks. Here is his new home:

[​IMG]