The Haul: July 27th - August 2nd, 2009

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Jul 27, 2009.

1. flipflopsnowman

flipflopsnowman New Member

I went to Walgreens on Clark/Lake in Chicago (same block as my building) last night after work and got:

1 VDH Boar Brush
    1 VDH Shave Soap
    1 16oz bottle of Thayer's Witch Hazel

All 3 for under $20. No pics yet. The good shave supplies should get here today/tomorrow so I'll post pics of them then :D

2. Special_K

Special_K New Member

Welcome to the haul...now the fun begins!!!!

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Klaus, mein lieber--jene Bastarde koennen gehen, und sich bumsen. Dieser Platz verdient Scheisse fuer Studenten, nicht einen Qualitaetskerl wie Dir! ;) :)

4. Justin Low

Justin Low Member

I buy all my health supplements from Iherb. Even with the postage to Singapore, I still save over 50% compared to local stores.

If anyone wants a $5 coupon for Iherb, let me know. They sent me a bunch of them, to introduce other people.

5. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

I have no doubt you will end up at a great place . if not try Amsterdam im sure some universities have openings here and its a nice place to hang out.

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

ohhhhhh, yes---Amsterdam is a real cool city. Lots of ticky tack people!

7. Teiste

Teiste New Member

a GREAT haul today
    1.Rocket HD from France
    2.a WONDERFUL package from Markwtb(Mason) with some of his homemade creams(one in a nice pot:D),4 homemade shavesticks and a container to make them.THANKS MASON!!!!

Attached Files:

8. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

9 Channel RC Helicopter.

Got a package from my Friend from Sweden.

a custom designed 9 Channel Beast. everything is build to the max specifications. Metal and Aluminium parts and Top Speed engine !

This will take weeks to master......
    The meds is a new all 100% nature ingredient from Japan. its made by a Swedish pharmacist. fights Hay Fever and all kinds of allergies.

Once I master this I will upgrade to my friend TOP DESIGN Model which almost weighs 1000gm !!! it is so upgraded to the max it can really kill you. the blades can cut you severly if your not carefull.

for those who are technical gifted the engine in the chopper converts DC to AC.

Attached Files:

9. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

@Jeff and Rene: Thanks for your thoughts! I had an interview at the University of Passau today (the one where I studied for my BA degree) and I was interviewed by two teachers/professors I personally knew from my prior studies - it was a wonderful little chat and I'm 99,9% confident I'll be able to return to the campus this year to start my MA studies. The bonus being: The university is only 17km from where I live so I can stay at my parent's home and drive to campus :D

@Rene: Great chopper, buddy! How much did that one cost?

10. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Friend in Germany shipped me three tubes of Wilkinson Shave Cream which I simply can not obtain in the US at all. In return I sent him two pucks of Van Der Hagen shave soap which he can't get in Germany. So I am looking foward to trying Wilkinson.

11. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

9 NOS arrow collars 16 3/4 :D

Attached Files:

12. flipflopsnowman

flipflopsnowman New Member

No pics yet, since my wife has the cameras, but I got:

Merkur 180
    Porter's Badger Brush
    TOBS Avocado

In the mail the other day and just picked up:
    Pinaud Citrus Musk
    Plastic case for my 180 (so I can take it home on vacation)

13. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

No pics due to time as I'm off traveling again tomorrow. But while home this weekend I've received the following:
    -Vulfix No. 5 boar brush
    -Omega 20086 travel boar brush
    -Speick Shave Stick
    -Weishi Razor in Gunmetal
    -100 Dorco ST301 blades
    -Some samples from Bullgoose

14. MsJoeD

MsJoeD New Member

Gillette haul Sun Aug 2

Picked up 4 Gillette's this weekend at a flea market

A Sheraton with case, mint condition $3
    Gillette Tech in original cardboard box NOS $3
    Gillette adjustable long handle very good condition $3
    Small travel razor in zippered leather case. Silver toned. Case made in Austria, The whold case closed measures 2 1/4 x 1 3/4. Razor is in mint condition leather case I would say is Very good condition. Just a couple of cracks where it folds. $4

Also picked up 5 straights for joed @ $6 each

Would love to post pics but the computer at home fried :(

All in all not a bad day at the flea market