Info on Gillette #66 British Aristocrat razor set

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by pickleweaseal, Jul 30, 2009.

1. pickleweaseal

pickleweaseal New Member

Hi i have a Gillette #66 British Aristocrat razor set. Its mint never been used with a blue pack of razors in a silver holder, I researched on the internet to find the value, found just the razor on ebay for 239 and I found a set just like mine that sold for 300 but the difference between that one and mine is that mine has a crown on the box top left corner, some websites have called it the corination set, does anyone have any info on the value of this set, Thank You

Attached Files:

brit likes this.
  2. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

My Fav razor so far.. I wouldnt sell it if it was worth $5000 once you master this it becomes part of your hand... looks great. shouldnt be in a box. should be used unless its your back up !

3. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

Looks good man. Are you only enquiring about its worth? or selling?

4. pickleweaseal

pickleweaseal New Member

Im looking for the value of the set . thnx

5. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

Sorry, I cannot help.

Do you use it?

6. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

Welcome to TSD Pickleweaseal. Dont forget to go to the newbie thread & introduce yourself & sign up for the goodies.:D

7. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

The three Coronation models made in 1953, the #45, #58 and #66, are highly sought after and I wouldn't be surprised if a collector paid over $300.00 for that set. If it was complete with cardboard shipping box and original instructions it could go for almost twice that.

8. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Fantastic find. These are very difficult to find.

9. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Prices sometimes amaze me. The razor in good condition without the case would get 100.00 (more at times of course). With the case, 300.00 or more. That means, the bloody case is worth 200.00 and the razor is only worth half of that. 200 bucks for an empty box - wow! I suppose it has value of course, but I think it is more reasonable that the if the razor is worth 100.00, the cased razor should be like 150.00. Even 50 bucks for an empty box is a heck of a lot of money.

Oh well. I will shave with my uncased near mint 66 tomorrow just to let it know I love it even though it does not have a 200.00 age stained box to put it in.

10. alex2363

alex2363 Member

you gotta ask a pro buyer and seller like antiques road show.

11. alex2363

alex2363 Member

dam i going buy 1

12. brit

brit in a box

just purchased a rhodium #66 for $113.00,no case.razor very lightly used.

jtspartan likes this.