FS ~ Gillette Sheraton **SOLD**

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Pureslab, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pureslab

Pureslab New Member

SOLD - Thanks TSD for allowing to the process & to the Gentleman who made the purchase

Professionally Replated in 18kt Gold ( this alone cost $25 to do)

This razor is totally stunning - great showpiece or user

mechanism works perfectly , blade locks in nice and tight

These get snatched up quickly as they provide one of the best shaves out there

comes with 3 packs of sealed blades and new mini boar bristle travel brush

price is $65 shipped worldwide

PayPal accepted

PM or email me ikonrazors@gmail.com

Attached Files:

2. Rutgers Football

Rutgers Football New Member

very cool. had i not just made a major razor purchase last night, I would have picked this up as soon as it came up. as it is, i have got to force myself to look away. Good luck with your sale.

3. magic

magic New Member

unbelievable

TTO OPen Comb whow:D

4. texbilly

texbilly New Member

WOW! :cool: I have a very nice cased Sheraton already so it's VERY hard to resist, but no. Stunning work. Do you have your own plating source or is it someone you can share? Good luck on the sale - perhaps if it hangs around a few more days....;)

5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Very beautiful....

6. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

man, that's purtee...

and I agree, it shaves wonderfully, I can use Derbys and Crystals in mine and get great shaves - I couldn't hardly bear to use them in other razors

hmmm, mine could use a new suit...any suggestions to where I could get this done?

7. shave baron

shave baron Member

PM sent

8. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Nice job!looks like brand new.

9. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Man, if that was original I'd be all over it. As is, bleh.

10. Hey Chris, how you doin,

I know you look at razors as a collector does, and altering one isn't something you appreciate. Yeah, I've seen lots of your posts about replated razors, and I understand your point of view. The value is diminished, and the razor is worth LESS as a result. To me, I see just the opposite when I look at a nicely replated item such as the one in this thread.

The Sheraton isn't one you see every day, and almost never in this condition if you do find one. It's a desirable model that doesn't come up all that often and it does have it's fans.

Anyway, if I was looking for one of those types in excellent condition, I'd seriously consider buying something like what's offered here. Sure, the 'collectible' value is gone, but the positives outweigh that part.

First of all, I'd have a beautiful 18k plated version of a favorite razor in unusually good condition for a price that isn't out of line(far as I know). That's all well and good, but the last point is most important to me. That is........I would actually shave with this razor!

You may already know I have a few mint to near mint razors, but I can't use the damn things.....heh. Yeah, God forbid I should remove a tiny bit of lacquer or scratch the head a tiny bit while actually shaving. Those are fun to look at, but worthless for shaving. Heh, they're both a blessing and a curse.

No, gimme a razor I can use as I like, one that I can watch the wear appear for the very first time on that razor. I think that would be a kick to have a basically brand new looking razor, but one based on it being actually used instead of looked at. To me, a nice plating job increases the value(eye of the beholder..........heh). Heh, I was tempted myself to buy this thing advertised here.........very good looker. Sadly(or luckily), OC types are just not for me, but I enjoyed looking at the pics.

Chris, I don't expect you to agree with me....just giving you another point of view. I'm not saying there's a right or wrong on this, but I know that if given a choice, I'd rather use a razor than look at it.

Type at you later buddy,

Martin

11. freddy88

freddy88 Member

+1, Martin. We all see things differently. If I didn't already have one, this would be mine. :D

12. Shady24

Shady24 New Member

Very Nice!!

13. Pureslab

Pureslab New Member

I had this and the silver plated Old Style Safety Razor 1912 done by a local jewelry maker near me.

14. texbilly

texbilly New Member

First, congrats on your sale! So, it sounds like I need to find my own local plating source - but thanks for the response! ;)

15. magic

magic New Member

This was a great deal for someone who is going to use the razor and not just look at it. There is a similar Sheraton on eBay going for $68 + shipping and there is still 8 hours to go on the bidding. Of course the one on ebay is "AS IS"

Congratulations on a great buy and shave away:happy102

16. shave baron

shave baron Member

thanks guys, this will take its place in a rotation to love and be loved :sport026

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.