FS:^SOLD^HD Rocket

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by texbilly, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texbilly

texbilly New Member

SOLD!

Hi Guys,

Here's one of the best shavers around and a leading member of my rotation for some time. For those who know, no need to read on. For those who have not experienced the heft and precision of these English Gillettes, you're in for a treat. Simply a great shaver.

Like the day I received it, this razor's exterior is in excellent++ condition. Sadly, that excitement was tempered when I opened the blade cavity. As you can see, it has a fair amount of brassing which I find peculiar (abandoned blade?) considering its otherwise great condition. For this reason, I can give it no better than very good condition overall and hope I've reflected this fairly in my asking price. I'm only interested in recovering some of my investment.

A good addition to your collection or an awesome everyday shaver. Thanks for your interest! :)

CONUS, First Class USPS with Delivery Confirmation. Paypal only, please!

$50

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. texbilly

texbilly New Member

The crickets are deafening! ;) Price reduced to $50!

3. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Guys;I got a Rocket HD like that about a couple weeks ago and I can totally recommend you!Its a great razor and shaves perfectly.Also has a nice balance and weight.With the Gillette #58 and Merkur HD my fav.

4. Austin

Austin Member

I no longer buy vintage razors but this one seems overpriced. You may consider dropping your price to attract more buyers.

5. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

These British made HD Rockets are not that easy to come across. Great Shavers. Built to last. I must disagree with the previous comment regarding price. With the shipping it is reasonable. This razor only needs one buyer.

6. Austin

Austin Member

Thank you for the clarification. It's like I said, I no longer collect razors.

7. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

I think this is a bit overpriced as well. One just sold on here for 32

8. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    One did sell for $32, but IMHO, this one looks to be in better condition, and the pics are certainly better. I've seriously been fighting picking this one up myself... i've never gotten my hands on a rocket.

9. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

yeah, I've never found one either, and this one looks super, but I can't proffer the clams right now....I'm not as lucky as Micah to find one in great condition, with leather case, for a song

10. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Is the handle on this one Aluminum or Brass?

11. texbilly

texbilly New Member

SOLD!
    Thanks to everyone who expressed interest. :signs001

Rodd, this one is brass - not the light Al version. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.