The Art of Shaving free starter kit

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by tomholton1234, Aug 16, 2009.

1. tomholton1234

tomholton1234 Member

2. rickboone

rickboone Member

I got mine. Great little kit. Comes w/ a badger brush as well. It is small. Haven't tried it yet.

3. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

Free stuff is always awesome!! :D

4. Thegentleman

Thegentleman New Member

Very cool. Have printed out my certificate and just found out I have two local stores that carry the products. :happy108

5. Philq

Philq New Member

I signed up for it. I also am a sucker for freebies.

6. freddy88

freddy88 Member

While I'm tempted, I read the Privacy Policy at AOS and, frankly, it doesn't look that good. All they should need is an e-mail address and only to send the coupon and put me on their e-mail mailing list. They want more than that.

I don't know, I just don't trust big corporations any more. Maybe it really doesn't make a difference. :confused: :think002

7. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

nearest AOS store is over 3 hours from me, so it's probably not worth the effort

8. Hi there,

Thanks for posting that link. Although I can't speak for most of the included items(never tried em), I do use the unscented shaving cream regularly. It's easy to add a few drops or sprays of whatever EdT I feel like sniffing while shaving, and the cream is an excellent performer.

Nice deal, especially for the newer members.

Martin

9. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

I'll endorse Martin's comment, and add that the ASB is very highly recommended, too. (I've only used the sandalwood, but I can't imagine the unscented isn't a similar performer.) Great deal (free!), and pretty much every newbie should jump on this.

10. Jim Corbett

Jim Corbett Member

Thanks for the link. I am getting the kit to give away to my next convert. Just add a nice DE and some blades.

11. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Thanks for the link, the trial brush might be good for my traveling kit. Unfortunately, it will cost me more in tolls and parking fees than the cost of the AOS kit. I wonder if there are any Southshore RR deals this weekend. :D

12. robxcarlson

robxcarlson New Member

There's an AOS retailer within 35 miles of my house, so I might find a reason to make a little drive... can anyone confirm that a retailer will honor the coupon same as an AOS store?

13. robxcarlson

robxcarlson New Member

To answer my own question, it appears that the certificate was only valid in an actual AOS store.

14. Philq

Philq New Member

Not such a good deal

Both my son and I signed up for this promotion. The only stores listed that sold their produts was 20 miles from home. We went to the stores and were turned down, we went to a different store and was turned down. Supposedly these units are available ONLY AT THE STAND ALONE BOTIQUE. A call to the Art of shaving verified what the department store told me. They apologized profusely altho there is no botique near here they offered a 10% off coupon.
    I by now was angry and kept pressing about the deception and they were having none of it. according to them an Art of Shaving store means the Botique, Not any of their retail locations listed on the web. So beware. I am surprised that the department stores I went to did not honor it anyway as these are the pricer, trender stores in my state. Its a shame both of these companies would risk me telling all here among other shavers instead of honoring what is a faulty promotion. BTW I did make them aware I frequented a few shavers forums on line.

15. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Well I guess I won't be worried about how to schedule a trip into Chicago then. Thanks for the heads up.

16. Philq

Philq New Member

You know the more I think about this the madder I get. Not that I want the darn thing now they could keep it. According to their web site there are no AOS botiques in Illinois. How can you run a promo and issue certificates to prople who have no chance of collecting? I wonder what the Illinois AG would say???

17. robxcarlson

robxcarlson New Member

This whole store/boutique thing was my problem, too... no AOS store within 350 miles of my house... However, two independent retailers do exist about 35 miles away... I was afraid they might not be accepted, so I called first and they didn't know anything about the promotion and had to contact AOS to confirm that they could not accept the coupon. Seems like this whole thing was poorly organized. There is no fine print with the coupon explaining the rules of redemption.

18. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I have a stand alone AOS Boutique store about 2 miles from me..

Did the coupons have an expire date on them? If not would one of you send me one since you no longer can get them online?

19. robxcarlson

robxcarlson New Member

They didn't have an expiration date on them specifically, but I did see somewhere that they expired 30 days after issue - then I also believe that stores only set aside a specific number of giveaway kits - because I believe some certificate holders were turned down for a free kit - but told they could buy one... not a very good giveaway at all...

I've already given my certificate to another member or I'd give you mine.

20. Razor&Pens

Razor&Pens New Member

AoS came through for me but not without a little aggravation. I signed up for their mailing list, got the coupon, brought it to the store where the clerk asked me if I had done business with them before. I said that I had once before, and they said that their headquarters had been very specific with them that they could not redeem the coupon for anyone who was a previous customer. I signed up on the computer, darn it, so why couldn't they recognize that I was already on their mailing list or not if that was their criteria? The store is in a mall not too far from my office, but I rarely make it there and had made a special trip!

I did call and complain, and they apologized and made good, but that required a second special trip. The store was out of the unscented starter kits and offered me lemon or lavender (they were out of sandalwood too), so I didn't get the unscented which I really didn't want anyhow, but it was not without pain.