The Haul: August 17th - August 23rd, 2009

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by PalmettoB, Aug 17, 2009.

1. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

School's starting back soon in many areas. Maybe getting rid of the crumb crunchers will leave more time for a relaxing shave! :happy102

Post up those hauls, folks! And thanks for the pics!

2. Corey

Corey Member

My sabbatical from dealing with RAD took a minor break. Today's haul was filled with treats.

[​IMG]

The Schick Repeater is in excellent shape. With the exception of a few slight marks here and there, it looks almost brand new. Now I need to figure out how to load it. The 4-piece travel razor packs down so small that it's difficult to believe it's almost the size of a Tech when put together.

In the shaving product area, I received a tin of Kell's Lime shave soap and some samples. The tin was a scratch and dent special and incredibly priced. And huge props to shoeboxshaveshop.com for another outstanding order. This is my 2nd order with them, and they've also been excellent for friends who shop there. Each of my orders has come incredibly quickly, and packed with a hand written note. That kind of thing really goes a long way with me and adds a nice personal touch that's missing these days. If you haven't already, give them a browse. Their prices are very nice, the selection is good, and the service is outstanding.

alpla444 likes this.
  3. MaxP

MaxP Member

Last weekend I was in Chicago. I can't miss an opportunity to go to T&H. So, here's the goodies.

And, as always, samples. It's such a treat to go throught the sample jar. "I'll try this. And this. And, I gotta try this."

The Luxury Shaving Soap is quite nice. And the CF 1445 ASB is very pleasant. Other items, i haven't got to yet.

Attached Files:

4. du212

du212 Well-Known Member

Yesterday I receipt an DE87 razor from Edwin Jagger, and I went to buy Aftershave and soap

[​IMG]

5. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Beautiful razor du212!!!

6. du212

du212 Well-Known Member

:thanks Yes!!!! I was not sure with the colour, but the faux ivory is nice and elegant, perfect with my plisson faux tortoise :happy108

7. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

A colleague at work brought me in 3 Rilanja's from her local Schlecker :D

8. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Great Haul my friend!The EJ is truly a beauty!Enjoy them all.

9. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Why does other people gear look more exotic? a Boot's stick and a Boots A/S doesn't have the same feel and De Vergulde Hand even less :ashamed001

10. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

This beauty appeared at Casa GI in this afternoon's post. Plan to give it a test run in the morning. Thanks Truckman!

[​IMG]

11. du212

du212 Well-Known Member

WOW! a GEM lathercatcher? gorgeous razor!

12. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

+1 - absulutely stunning!

@Max: Splendid haul - top notch stuff! ::

13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Nice Haul from Germany!

Once again, my friend in Cologne, Germany sent me some great stuff:

1x Karo Classic-SC tube
    1x Karo Classic-AS balm
    1x Pezmos-AS balm (from Russia)
    2x Start-SC tubes (from Russia)

All I can say is WOWWWW!! :) :D

14. Mandrake

Mandrake New Member

All that talk about those 1/4 Le Grelot, I couldn´t resist. And as always, great service from Martin: ordered last friday, shipped on monday and got it...yesterday!!!

[​IMG]
    (Pic from Rasupur site, and this pic is with the white bone scales, I got the white plastic version)

15. sachin

sachin Member

Received two bottles of TSD Iced Tobacco w/ Allantoin AS splash in the mail today. This is some high quality stuff with Tobacco Absolute. Love the smell.

[​IMG]

16. du212

du212 Well-Known Member

Preciosa!!!

17. Teiste

Teiste New Member

How many straights do you have now Carlos?

My todays haul
    150ml bottle of Floid AS Vigoroso.

18. Hiya,

Picked up a few razors I've never tried before. One's a slant type sold by D. Corrado(Dovo made these I believe) and the other's an open comb gold Norfolk(looks like a Tuckaway). Heh, I'm not too optimistic about how these will work for me, but you never know. I've shaved with a Tuckaway in the past, with less than pefect results. In any case, I'll finally try a slant.

Sorry for the lack of pics......sigh. Not a big deal in this case anyway, since the items are in user grade condition. Heh, that means I get to shave with em!!!! Yeah, no problem if I put a few scratches on these, although I doubt that will happen. Price was right, so what the hell.

Oh....I also somehow acquired another brush, which I hope isn't the start of you know what. This one's an old Rooney with a large butterscotch handle and some kind of badger knot. I soaked it in hot water and Dawn, and will try it tomorrow. Feels a little scritchy, so it may need to be broken in a bit...who knows. This will be the first time in over a year I've used a different brush.

Anyway, I imagine the razors will not be the best ones for a perfect shave, but it does keep things interesting..........

Martin

19. MelloJello

MelloJello New Member

Wow Sachin! How does that compare to the lovely Alt Innsbruck? That is cool that the TSD store is producing this!

20. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I don't usually post here, but it was a good week!

Not gonna do the picture thing at the moment..

Ever-Ready Automatic Stropping Machine
    a Minit Stropper
    "Parker" 90R Open Comb, yes... Parker Open Comb and yes, I know 90R is a TTO... well this one isn't (Thanks Goshawk!)
    Henckles Hanso DE
    Some containers from ElementsBathandBody.com

And just arrived:
    A pair of techs (no big deal, they were part of a lot)
    1912 Open Comb Gem with stropper (Yes, there are open comb Gems, this is my 2nd)