My Kingdom for Some Lasik

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by 1OldGI, Aug 18, 2009.

1. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

If I had a whole scad of money I didn't know what to do with I swear I'd go tomorrow and have Lasik surgery done. I can't see s**t with or without these glasses. But I suppose a 5 year old perscription can't be doing me any favors. In the end, I think a new pair of glasses might be in order. Has anyone had Lasik? How did it work?

2. Pureslab

Pureslab New Member

I know someone who did it a few years back and he is one of the 10% variable that now has night vision issues and very dry tear ducts from doing it.

3. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

I had it a few years ago.
    It worked great for me.
    I went from 20/100 in both eyes w/astigmatism to no astigmatism and 20/15 in both.
    It's settled out a bit now and I haven't been back for a check up in a long time, but I still see just fine.
    I don't anticipate any vision issues until I hit my 40's and my arms start getting too short to read books.

The only downside that I've noticed is a difficulty through-focusing when shooting firearms with iron sights over distance.
    My eyes either want to focus on the sights or on the target, but I can't get them to do both very well. I think it's a result of the astigmatism correction, but I've never asked the eye dr to find out for sure.

4. Corey

Corey Member

I had it in 2001 and it's been the best money spent. I was blind as hell without glasses or contact lenses before hand. Now, I'm a little better than 20/20. My night vision has suffered a little bit, but not enough to be a huge detraction. If I had to make the decision again, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I do not miss wearing glasses or contact lenses in the least.

5. MelloJello

MelloJello New Member

I had it done in 2000? as soon as it really got big and insurance didnt touch it. It cost me $3500 and the best investment I have ever made. I was able to achieve 20/12 and 20/16 vision. My vision wasnt terrible but I could not operate a car without contact or glasses. I had worn contacts for so many years that both eye lids were infected and it would have taken 4 years to clear up. That sealed the deal. I never realized I could see the pine needles in the tops of pine trees! Woo hoo!

Also it is quite reasonable now price wise. Dont get freaked out my horror stories either. You do sign away your life though. If they do screw up....you are screwed:( Good luck!