Might as well introduce myself here

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by tomholton1234, Aug 20, 2009.

1. tomholton1234

tomholton1234 Member

I introduced myself in my first post a few days ago, but I'll do it here too. My name is Tom, and I live in Saint Paul, MN. Im 17 now and came here after scavenging the web to find a way to get rid of razorbumps. After watching a bunch of youtube vids from http://www.youtube.com/user/mantic59 , I realized that the solution was to ditch the Gillette Mach 5, Shave gel, and walmart alcohol aftershave, and do it the right way.

As of now, I'm still in the process of building my new shaving kit. I have some (real) aftershave and shaving cream samplers, and I ordered a shaving brush. I'm still waiting on a good safety razor, but I'm thinking Merkur HD.

Anyways, I guess thats it!

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to The Shave Den Tom! A great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Welcome to the Den!

4. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Howdy! and welcome to The Den!

5. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

:signs046 Waves from Wisconsin

6. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

welcome, Tom!

7. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

Welcome aboard Tom, enjoy the ride.:happy088

8. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD, Tom ;)

9. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Welcome, Tom. Nice name! Hope you enjoy your stay...

10. du212

du212 Well-Known Member

Welcome Tom.

11. mantic

mantic U TOOB

Welcome Tom!

12. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Tom I think I have an offer for you that you will like, but first a little background.

Several months back, I was the lucky winner of the Rolls PIF, and one of the items included was a Fat Handled Tech razor like the kind Rolls used to like to shave with. Since I already owned one myself, I promised that I would PIF the razor on to someone in need of it, and the gentleman (Etoyoc) that provided the razor and I have decided that you would be the perfect candidate.

So what you will receive is a Gold Gillette Fat Handle Tech, and that just like the dear man the PIF was named for, it may be rough around the edges but certainly more than up to the task. The Techs are really very well known as mild razors that are great for the new D/E shaver. I will also toss in a pack of Derby blades and several blades of various makes.

Included in the package heading your way, I will also toss in a 1912 Gem S/E razor, and a 5 pack of Pella blades for it. Don't be too surprised if a couple of shave cream samples make their way into the package also.

One condition though, just as I had to win a contest, so must you. I will ask you one question, get the answer right and the prize is yours.

Ready?

What famous Blues guitarist wrote and sang the song "Life Without You"?

Good luck Tom!

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Well done Tom Dridecker!:signs107
    And welcome Tom Holton! :signs046

14. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Welcome Tom!

15. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Welcome to TSD!

16. freddy88

freddy88 Member

Welcome, Tom.

17. JimR

JimR Active Member

Welcome to the Den! Enjoy your shaves!

18. mbwhoosh

mbwhoosh Member

Welcome!

I started w/ a gillette SS (super speed) and got a bbs shave right from the start.

Good luck let us know how it goes!

19. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Welcome!