Kimson Limited Edition

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by sparky5693, Aug 22, 2009.

1. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    A little while back I received one of Kimson's limited edition horn brushes. In the past I reviewed one of their buffalo horn brushes, and if you remember, I utterly loved it. LINK

Again, the knot is really spectacular, and doesn't seem like any of the other commercially available replacement knots. I rate this knot as slightly less rigid that a muhle pinsel, and for me very near perfect. I don't think I need to say anything about how great the handle looks, pictures speak for themselves.

Kimson brushes are really spectacular, and i'd recommend anyone looking for a brush to consider them.

http://www.handicraft-vn.com/shop/

Attached Files:

2. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Bobby, you forgot an "l"in the title.

The horn handles do look great.

3. sparky5693

Administrator
  4. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

The brush I reach for most often. I love the knot that they put in those gorgeous handles! Perfect for soaps or creams, luxurious yet not floppy like a Kent BK4.

That is a beautiful piece of horn Bobby.

5. sparky5693

Administrator
    I don't know where their knots come from, but I can't say enough good things about them.

6. suprchunk

suprchunk New Member

That is a pretty nice looking brush, and I will blame you for my purchase if I decide to get one. And as nice looking as they are I'm sure it is only a matter of minutes. :)

7. blacdisco2000

blacdisco2000 Member

The handle is very handsome. Nice brush.

8. Leighton

Leighton New Member

I hate you. Tempting me with more shaving goodies....

They look so nice... But...I want a Nakayama....ARRGGHHHH

9. kswin823

kswin823 New Member

Just got mine

Just recieved mine and besides being beautiful it is the nicest one I have ever had, would recomend it to anyone.:D

10. heirkb

heirkb New Member

Damn the Kimson brushes are a steal! 70 USD? That's a great price for these beautiful handles alone. Especially when you take into consideration that in many of their brushes, Simpson's will basically charge you a whole extra 50 bucks for just a different handle.

I ordered a custom XL2 in 2 band super with a 23mm knot and 48mm loft. It was 100 dollars. A PL8 custom with the same 2 band knot would be 185 dollars.

11. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

You're right about that :happy088

I have to think long and hard about it, but this is an absolute beauty to have!!

12. sparky5693

Administrator
    I'm still loving mine... very good brush, and very good quality.

13. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

It honestly reminds me of a Plisson. I wonder if someone could tell the difference between the two if they had to do a blind test?

14. Malacoda

Malacoda Active Member

+1 Got mine about 4 weeks ago and absolutely love it. Once I hit 45 days and 50 post I'll definitely be adding my impression of it to the TSD Review section.

(And it even made from Vietnam clear over to Virginia in just 11 days.)

15. selhov

selhov New Member

fantastic looking shaving brush,with great craftmanship,would love one of theas,but must hold on a while as ife just recived two semouge brushe,s so nead to break in theas babay,s first.:cool:

16. Kimber

Kimber New Member

What's the handle made of? looks pretty nice!!

17. sparky5693

Administrator
    buffalo horn

18. ironbrewer

ironbrewer New Member

Those Kimson's are beautiful.