Atkinson’s For Gentlemen Lavender SC

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Sabre, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Has anyone used this? I have seen this on Connaught's website and I haven't heard of it before - the cream not Atkinsons of London (of I Coloniali fame)

They have a new website too, which doesn't have the cream listed...

http://www.icoloniali.com/

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Never heard of that one either but lavender sounds great :D

3. The lavender sc is on their new site. You have to select classici atkinsons & then the for gentlemen range on the right.

If you like Lavender creams it's well worth a try, quite hard to get hold of though & not cheap.

They bought the rights to Atkinsons of London some time ago & they were making some items for Atkinsons for the European market.

Best regards,

Paul

4. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Thanks Paul, maybe I wasn't patient enough - but I am not too keen on all Flash sites :rolleyes:. How would you compare it to most UK or German creams? and who has bought the Atkinson's name?

5. I agree flash sites are awful.

Atkinsons was bought by Lever Faberge (part of Unilever) & was then sold to a German company Cosmopolitan Cosmetics GmbH.

All the products as far as I know are made in Italy & the For Gentleman range is mainly sold in Italy although there is English on the packaging. Cosmopolitan own all the trading names, etc but I don't if there are any offices still in London.

The cream is very good & if I new where to buy the other products I would stock most of the line. English Lavender, classic scent very slick & protective.

Best regards,

Paul

6. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Poor Atkinson's were sold again and then again.........

http://www.basenotes.net/industry_news/20071210atkinsons-picked-up-by-morris.html

Never thought to look on Basenotes...........

7. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

8. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Just placed my order - see if I can make it to 200 creams and soaps by December :D

9. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

:eek: That many :eek:

10. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I am now over 100 :eek:, maybe I should sell/trade my duplicates :D.

11. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I love the english lavander scent.Let us know if you try the cream.

12. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

It arrived a few days ago with a lot more items from Connaught. It really does smell like Lavender, unlike other Lavender products I have tried - normally soap etc. I will hopefully try it this week.

13. toddtomorrow

toddtomorrow New Member

Atkinsons Shaving Cream substitute

So does the new German company still sell Atkinsons basic shaving cream? I have a tube bought for me in Italy and I'm rapidly running out. I thought I'd grab a tube of Preraso and what a mistake. I look like I've been to battle. Theres not enough oil or something and the shave isnt smooth at all. If there is no more, or no way to get Atkinsons cream, is there a substitute that someone could recomend?

Thanks
    Todd

14. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

First off Todd, welcome to The Shave Den! A great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Be sure to sign up for the February Newbie Give-Away for a chance to win some great shave gear!

While its not required, how about you hop over to the Newbies Section and give yourself a proper introduction thread, I'm sure you'll receive many warm welcomes from the friendly folks of this community.

15. blacdisco2000

blacdisco2000 Member

Many people tell than Atkinson's is the best lavander scent in the market but really I never try with it.

16. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I do not have another Lavender Shaving Cream to compare it to (My Ach Brito
    purchase fell thru :() but comparing to facial and body soap, a soap has a pleasant mild aroma including Atkinson's own tallow soap. The shaving cream smells just like a real plant growing in your back garden, under which family pets are buried.

17. toddtomorrow

toddtomorrow New Member

Atkinsons

So what site exactly do I look on to find the elusive Atkinson's shaving cream. I'm just about out of my tube and getting desperate. I bought some Truefitt and Hill and although a damn site better than Proraso, its still not as good as Atkinsons for a really smooth, no nicks shave.

Todd

Nevermind, i finally found it! YES! http://www.icoloniali.it/site.php?ln=b

18. brothers

brothers Active Member

The website only wants to show me a slow motion picture of the shaving cream. Did you figure out how to actually go about purchasing the Atkinson's from this website?

19. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

I just bought a TSD lavendar soap from the Shave Den Store; lather is ok and scent is very light.:confused:

20. Atkinson's seem not to want to sell this outside Italy or maybe it's discontinued. I have been unable to get any new stocks.

The Lavender is the same wonderful scent as the English Lavender EDT so it's a shame it's no longer available.

The Rhubarb I Coloniali is the same base but with a different scent, so this is the best option if you like the shave of the Atkinson's.