Beware of ""Clip Joints"

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by crackstar, Sep 28, 2009.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I am sure most of us enjoy good clubbing, good entertainment and partying. Whether it's in the city or town where we live, or when we travel, we all love having fun. However, caution must always to be shown when we travel out of the country where we live. I read an article where a young American tourist, aged of 25 years old was on vacation in Paris, France, and he went to a club, where he was partying with a couple of girls he had met. A guy came up to him, very, very friendly, who spoke perfect English suggested another club a few streets away from the place where he was. The 25 year old, who new nothing about Parisian clubs said ok, and he went with the guy he had met to that club, he got in for nothing, because the guy he had met appeared to know the management. The Parisian guy said "wait for a second, I'll be right back" and returned to the table with a couple of stunning young girls, who spoke very good English, and they introduced themselves to the American. The Parisian guy ordered a round of drinks for everyone at the table, paid immediately, hung around a little more, then left the American guy with the 2 hot chicks, who then proceeded to order Christal Champagne. Everybody was having a wonderful time, until 20 minutes before closing time, when the American guy was given the bill for the champagne, which was 1,500$ Euro!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Parisian guy was long-gone by that time, and the American guy had to pay the bill himself. The young guy was freaking out, because he did not have that kind of money in his wallet, and when he tried to explain that to the club manager, he called over 2 HUGE bouncers, who threatened to break the young guy's arms and legs if he did not pay up. Lucky for him, the police were making their rounds, so the 1,500$ bill was suddently reduced to 250,00$ which the American guy paid, and left in a hurry. I believe this "Clip Joint" was then closed up. Unfortunately, there are too many places like that.

2. Wildtim

Wildtim New Member

It may be rude to ask prices but its always a good idea.

3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Boy am I glad I don't go out to clubs, I don't like the crowds :D

4. crackstar

Klaus, I agree with you. Certain clubs can be fun and very enjoyable, but certain others can be dangerous.

5. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

Jeff, please don't expose light on this scam, which I frequently employ ;)

6. zimmer

zimmer Member

Clip Joints

If you have to buy the women's drinks, they aren't really interested.

7. crackstar

helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

Smart man.

9. crackstar

Exactly.

10. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

LOOOOOOOL breaking arms now do we ? 2 funny made my day.

11. Flatfish

Flatfish Member

I have broken two arms and one leg. Fortunately none of them were my own.

12. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

:happy102 Nice.