Semogue 620 Boar

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Etalex, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Etalex

Etalex New Member

This is a new boar brush from Semogue which looks very nice, with a somewhat similar handle to the legendary Omega 31064. Has anyone tried it yet? What say you, our in-house Semogue boar experts?

Alex

2. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Its like the 1520 but with different handle.The 1520 is the perfect brush for facelathering (until the SOC is released:D) and possibly my fav one now.

3. Etalex

Etalex New Member

I also like the 1520. Mine is slowly breaking in, and it is the best brush I've used for face lathering. Today I had a wonderful shave with Tabac shaving stick lathered up with a wet Semogue 1520.
    Does the 620 have the same measurements and the same type of hair as the 1520?

Btw, what's the SOC?

Alex

4. Zach

Zach New Member

I have one on the way!

PS
    I like your avatar; reminds me of an old friend.

5. Etalex

Etalex New Member

Please let us know how it compares to the 1520. Who is this friend of yours? He must be an interesting guy :)

Alex

6. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Yes it does have the same type of hair and measurement of the 1520.SOC means semogue owners club,here and in facebook and we are working on a limited edition brush.(boar one)

7. Etalex

Etalex New Member

Teiste, what are the plans for the SOC brush? I think that with a few fixes to the 1520 one could get very close to the perfect face lathering boar.

Btw, last evening my 1520 slipped from my hands, fell only around 10 cm into my sink, but still managed to get a chip in the paint :( These brushes are fragile. Today I'll have to go out and get some nailpolish...no, I swear, it's for my shaving brush :D

Alex

8. whiskerlips

whiskerlips Member

I'd be interested to hear some more details about the SOC as well. The 1520 is a nice little brush. I'm a little dissapointed that the wood around the knot is already starting to crack. I've never dropped it, I never submerge all the way to the metal ring, and I dry it tips down. But it's still cracking. I wish I had known the acrylic brushes were coming out. They were announced 2 weeks after I ordered the 1520.

9. Zach

Zach New Member

The wife calls; tells me I have a package from Portugal in the mail.

10. Teiste

Teiste New Member

The handle is gonna be like the 1800 but fatter and the hair would be the same that the 1520 or 630 but denser with an engraving number on the base of the handle.Thats the prototype so far.

11. Turnz2

Turnz2 Member

How will we be able to get one?

Cyril

12. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Through the vintage scent online store.Are you already a member of the Semogue owners club here and facebook?If not, join us please..this is a limited edition only for SOC members.

13. Zach

Zach New Member

Voici, Pierre:

[​IMG]

Que bella!

14. whiskerlips

whiskerlips Member

So it will be a wood handle?

15. Etalex

Etalex New Member

Zach, howcome your 1520 has a different label than all the other Semogues I've seen?

Alex

16. Turnz2

Turnz2 Member

Teiste,
    Yes I am a member of SOG and also awaiting an order from Bruno at this time. I would love to have this special brush.

Cyril

17. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Great!You would love the Semogues as many ppl are enjoying them now.

18. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Yes portuguese oak handle.We though in an olive wood handle but olive wood is quiet expensive and we want to make a brush with a "popular" price,under 25 euros.

19. Zach

Zach New Member

Je ne sais pas, Alex.
    This is the sticker I got; it's just like the sticker on my 2015 silvertip.
    I would assume that this is because they ran out of the other sticker.

First spin with the new boar this morning; it's got a nice handle made of 31064-ish acrylic; black and white with a very similar faceted and fluted shape, only smaller. I have big hands so with this brush, since it's small, I use with the Vulfix grip, as I call it, which is base of brush flat in my hand at the joint of the pointer finger, and and the thumb, pointer, and index all grab the brush at the top of the ring, fingers into the bristle.
    This has the same knot as the 1520 and the shaves will be identical, making this a very fine, and very pretty brush indeed that holds a surprising amount of water.

Can't wait for the other brushes to arrive.
    VIVA PORTUGAL!!

20. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

That´s right :happy088

It´s the same sticker as I have on my 2015HD Silvertip :D